Uber And Lyft Drivers Random Drug Testing?

As a Driver and a Rider of both Uber and Lyft, I demand DRUG TESTING on ALL Drivers. What are your thoughts on this matter?

Peter As an Uber and Lyft driver some of us are Demanding for Mandatory and Random Drug Testing to be done on all Drivers. You should see some of these drivers they are not even fit to be behind the wheel let alone in the commercial public transportation business, Please provide us with your help to get the attention of the right body’s of Govt. if you have not signed it yet, please do. https://www.change.org/.../uber-uber-lyft-drivers-need-to

Yeah, more ‘employer’ control over the struggling poor is exactly what the US workforce needs.

I should see some of these drivers??? REALLY?? I have NOT seen any in my market. Where is your evidence?? And do we punish EVERYONE cause you THINK you’ve been appointed classroom monitor?? I sure as hell don’t drive impaired. Jesus, people can be so goddamn controlling.

Well, I have you a question. My son smokes weed but pees clean for the lol its name is red wine vinegar haha so pees out of the question now sorry.

Uber only does drug testing for full-time employees those who work over 30 hours per week and are eligible for the 401K and benefits package.

Interesting; it doesn’t seem to work for the truck drivers, based on how many of them have almost killed me since coming to this state, by veering over into my lane randomly at times. (but that could also be the meth and speed they all do to stay awake and make money)

After, before…I’m a military veteran and survivor of different two theaters of combat, so it’s basically my lifeline for just about everything; PTSD, nerve damage, inflammation, pain, etc.

How about also being able to speak English?

You could start your own petition for that. I doubt it would work though. Between people who can’t cominicate effectively in the English language and pot heads U&L would lose 3/4 of their drivers. At least that would cause the paid rates to go up.

Neither of these stupid and discriminatory ideas would cause rates to go up. It might cause your trip count to go up. Do you even think before you post?

It’s not the drug testing drivers are concerned about. It’s the cost of the drug test. They the cost background checks. The cost of this, the cost of that. With all these extra costs they want to pile on drivers. There would be no point in driving for free. Now if they put the fare back to $3.00 per mile & $0.85 per minute. Bring back $5.00 minimum up to 5 miles. Per mile, fare kicks in after 5 miles. Then drivers could easily afford all the extras they want us to carry.

Random testing, provided to Uber and posted on driver profile for riders to see. As a rider, I want to know my driver is not impaired before I get in his car. As a driver, I want the advantage of weeding out (no pun intended) all impaired drivers. Where do I sign up?

Take a taxi looser! No one working for uber or lyft is pointing a gun at your head requiring you to use us, but you do so because you are broke, tight, or a cheapskate!

Random testing provided to Uber and posted on driver profile for riders to see. As a rider, I want to know my driver is not impaired before I get in his car. As a driver, I want the advantage of weeding out (no pun intended) all impaired drivers. Where do I sign up?

As long as they don’t mind medical marijuana, its cool with me, but if uber thinks I am preceding my health to make peanuts. They are going to be surprised when I tell them I have built a book of business from regulars, that I don’t really need them anymore, but thanks anyways

I demand drivers that carry handguns need to stop. If your that scared then ur a weak link & your dumb ass has no business driving or doing any job that would involve your scary punk ass to be around people.

A “demand” coming from a person that isn’t in a position to make a demand is actually a request.