Uber Allows vehicles in any condition or age

What is happening with the quality standards to work as an Uber driver as you can now use a 15 year old car that you bought from rent a dent. By allowing almost any car now can also brings trouble by the class of drivers that now applies. I saw a Uber car in the gas station with its logo in the windshield thats was like a 2004 Honda that was slightly dented and was spray can painted purple. The driver got out and had a dirty car mechanic uniform shirt and pants and looked like he hadn’t showered in a month with his long hair in all different directions. I was shocked. But I guess thats all he could afford on the rates Uber pays us. If he pulled up to pick me up there is no way id get in that car. With the outside looking like that l can’t imagine what the inside looked like. Maybe he wasn’t driving at the time and was just coming home from work. But the car he was using wasn’t going to look any better when he was.

Lyft still requires newer cars.

it’s also important to note that Uber drivers are independent contractors, meaning they are not employees of Uber, and as such Uber does not control the appearance or condition of their vehicles.

It’s understandable that you would be concerned about the appearance and condition of the vehicle, if you’re using Uber, you could always check the vehicle’s details on the app and also you can rate the driver and their car at the end of the trip. If you feel uncomfortable during the trip, you can contact Uber’s customer support and report the issue.

So does this mean a college going girl or boy can driver Uber to earn extra income? What are the rules for this?

Suppose you are thinking of gifting a car in California to a family member. In that case, it is an excellent idea as it can help you avoid taxes and expenses related to the vehicle transfer. But remember to keep in mind that you’ll still need to pay vehicle title transfer and registration fees and complete a Statement of Facts to confirm the gift. You also need to remember that different states hold their kind of laws and regulations. So, before you make up your mind about gifting a car, go through every possible information in detail.

Source: