Two 1099s From Uber And Rasier llc

I emailed Uber and get a generic response so if someone can help I would appreciate it. So I received 2 1099’s. One for the amount of 711$ and one for the amount of $49. The one for the amount of $700 had the same filer identification # as it had last year but the one for $49 had a different filer identification #. Also, why would I receive two 1099’s? I asked Uber this, and they told me to consult my tax professional. I’m really confused.

I agree – consult a tax professional - will probably be very clear to someone who understands tax filing issues.

Since Uber provides the filer id, they should at least let me know why they are different on my forms and why I received 2 1099’s.

I was hoping someone here may know. I can not afford an expensive tax professional. I go to a free service and am not sure if they will have that information.

it doesn’t matter what their reporting # is - what matters is that a return is filed under your # for all earnings and appropriate deductions.

Can you tell me what would be your guess they would not combine the amounts and I would receive 2 1099’s and one for such a small amount?

I can’t unless I see them – one may be incentives - referrals - stuff like that

Some people like my son as an example received dozens of 1099s and dozens of W2s — it’s total combined earnings

I got two as well. Both 1099-K, one for a few hundred in Jan, the other for Jan through the end of the year. The smaller one is from Uber Technologies; the larger is from Rasier, LLC.

I figure that sometime in Jan they began filing under Rasier and stopped filing under Uber Technologies.

Each EIN represents Uber And Rasier as different corporation, even if they do business as the same one, just combine those amounts for your schedule c.