Too many bitter (thinks he's a full-time employee) drivers

I do not understand why folks complain about this. I have been an operator for Uber as a full time job for 3 years and made over $70,000.00 in every one of those years nit even working mega hours! After deductions I hardly paid any taxes too. People forget that there is going to be fuel consumption and wear and tear on your vehicle for any job that you get so deduct that from whatever your earning at other jobs too just like you do for Uber. Not to mention there wont be near the tax write offs with a regular job compared to Uber. I truly feel that people negative towards Uber go out for a week thinking its going to be super easy when its not they knock it. If you make $15 an hour at a job besides Uber; how much are you making if you deduct wear and tear on your vehicle plus gas to get back and forth to that job? Not to mention you will be tax deducted before you ever even get your money and tax write offs will be few since you did not have your own business. People bad mouthing Uber remind me of the same folks that bad mouth the stocket market as, “you are going to lose money”. Ironically yet these same people pour a percentage of their money into a 401k for their retirement. Guess how that 401k money grows so much for retirement?? The stock market!! Duh. Guess what most banks do with the money you save there? The stock market Duhh! IMO Uber is an excellent full time business opportunity. If done correctly you can make really decent money. If wise with budgeting your earnings you can even set aside a percentage to keep you car new every 2 years. I started with a Lexus and recently traded in on a brand new Lexus all off budgeting for that expense. Really its just far too simple compared to any other business you might start IMO. Happy Ubering!!

1 Like

I’m retired doing uber and lyft last year grossed 60k. I’m a retired o/o owned 5 big trucks, if you know what you’re doing all you’re expenses are a write off, got 9k back in taxes, so if you know what you’re doing you can actually make good money without busting you’re ass and burning you’re car out.

I am a full time lyft driver… why is that hard to believe. Alot of full timers are ex cab drivers and realize the most cab company are getting to expensive to rent and not enough riders to make a profit.