Tonight I got pulled over

I had a cop pull me over before too for that same reason. He then saw that it was purple and we had a laugh about it. I’m in Florida.

WOW! This is unbelievable! Lyft wants you to use the Amp because it’s free advertising for them. They don’t care if you get a ticket. Rarely do you really need it so the pax can identify you. Get rid of it.

Technically it is illegal to have it is some states back a year ago I picked up Logan green and his wife and explained how the Lyft dash could also cause seizures and it could be a liability and found his response is he didn’t care and that the driver would be liable at that point I was on my 9985 rides and I decided from that point I would drive for uber only and never Lyft again among other things he said about drivers

The AMP is optional. You do not need to have it to drive. I threw mine out when it showed up.

I also do not have any trade dress on my car either.

Dont care if he was the King of the world… The amp is a joke and illegal in most states. Most states do not allow any light besides white and amber projected from the front of the vehicle. I would have personally pulled over at that point, ended the ride, and ask him to find another Lyft.

Apparently I have a very popular vehicle here in Oklahoma… The signs and Amp help identify my vehicle

No where do the colors provided to be chosen suggest red or blue. Lyft engineers designed the amp with legality in mind. Please educate the officers when they pull you over, and if they give you a ticket, take it to court!

Been using the Lyft Amp for nearly 2 years now. Never been pulled over for it. That cop just wanted to pull you over. It’s not that serious.

you need to review your states rules on lights. in PA it’s illegal to have any lights though i see other Uber and Lyft drivers using theirs. If you get pulled over its your fault for not knowing the rules. Just go back to the stickers on windows and save your fines.

I live in Oklahoma. I have zero identifying marks on my car that I am a rideshare driver. I won’t even tell the pax my name, they have to tell me. So far, it’s not been an issue.

However, putting my phone in my windshield is an issue. Fellow drivers get in a hissy when they see me. So, I’m moving my phone to the dash.

People in your area just assume that everyone with a dash mount is Uber Lyft? Very competitive there it sounds like. We have tons of drivers too. In our local groups people don’t always like to help newbies n stuff like that. But they don’t act any kind of way when they see another Uber/Lyft.

I was wondering the same thing the other night. Not so much with the pink Lyft, but i saw a lot of similar type aftermarket Uber/Lyft that were blue or glowing blue. At first glance they strongly resemble the blue lights many first responders use.

Police officer who also an uber driver from another group said that in state of NY red and blue can be used only by emergency vehicles. White, green, pink-we should be fine with

Guys stop talking about laws and blasting copy and paste … all of you can read but aparently none of you can understand them and see the difference between what it is and what is really not !
Again, PURPLE IS NOT RED AND IS NOT BLUE !