Tips included in the fare?

what you Gail to understand is that when they state it IS included, that is ammunition to fight in court to be compensated. Are you a driver or just a rider?

Here is a copy and paste of a more typical response:

"Hi Mark,

Thanks for getting in touch about this. I understand that you would like to leave a tip for your driver. Happy to help.

Riding Uber means there’s no need to tip. We’ve built the Uber experience to be as smooth and safe as possible for both riders and drivers, and at this point that means having an entirely cashless experience.

The payment method that you select for your trip will be automatically charged and a receipt will be sent your way just after the trip comes to an end. Your driver keeps a majority of the fare and pays a small fee to Uber.

For those driver partners that go above and beyond, you can nominate your driver for a Sixth Star Award by submitting a comment through the app (more info here)."

stull, looking for hardcore evidence where they state that the tip IS included.

I am not failing to understand anything. The company does go out of their way to discourage tipping. They sometimes tell people that tips are included.

Between the two companies I have taken over 600 Rogers a passenger and I’ve given over 2200 rides as a driver.

I am not disputing that fact, it is called Evidence, which is the only thing that holds up in court, not he said/she said, that is called hearsay and is not admissible.

All Uber/lyft drivers need to take a look at this…I think that this company could be way better than uber/lyft…

Let’s show them our weekkly earnigs from the app. The power of these companies is on the high turnover of drivers. They keep adding drivers because they think they’ll be making $35.00 per hour. That’s why I just started a facebook page that is not a closed group like there’s a lot. It is NOT Exclusive for drivers. Nevertheless, I think we can get benefit from it. The idea is to spread the word about this. People should know about our earnings, especially POTENTIAL DRIVERS. I’m sharing my earnings, you’re welcome to share your earnings and like, share and comment so more potential drivers realize that this is not a $35.00 an hour gig before joining.

The issue with that is that the tip would have to be the srf, however, if that’s the case, they take it from us, which constitutes us being employees.

That’s probably the best news from uber this year!

Letting the public know what’s going on is key! Many still do have a social conscience - & Uber rely on their allegiance to survive.

When they know what’s really going on in sure many would withdraw their support.

No people just looking to find cheap thing, which they found. They don’t want to tip which it consider helping someone to survive.

Honestly, I think if they had the option, they would. Not having the option gives them an easy out, and they can sleep easily at night.

Doubt it… social conscience is nice to have, but it won’t outweigh paying twice as much for a cab that will take 2-3x longer to pick them up… they’ll tell you they care, and then hop in another Uber to get back home.

Funny shit tho… a lady yesterday brought this up. Said her friend was told we dont get tips like uber says. I told her wat was up n gave her the sad story bout how they do us. At the end she was like do you have change for 20. I was like naw… its koo dont trip. She was like here… take the 20 lol. She was koo :slight_smile:

According to Uber’s spokesperson, Faryl Ury, Uber does not allow tips because “research shows tips are not really based on quality of service, so drivers could be rewarded or dinged unfairly.” Thank you Uber! I’d sure hate to receive a tip unfairly. Better to not receive any tips at all! It’s all bullshit sir. If you want tips, switch to Lyft.

I find that when i tell people about how a dollar they save costs me 500. a month and that we don’t get tips it guilts them into good tips. Lol.

Yes. I got one of those emails. It implied that tips were included although it did not state it explicitly. It said no need to tip, but if you loved your driver let us know and he can show up on our 6 star driver blog. They gave a link to that blog.

I think people are paying attention because I have noticed an increase in the number of tips I’m getting on Lyft. Anyone else see this?