This is something I needed to address about the reactions from the recent updates from Uber

Like i say everyone has a different idea of what is good or bad. If i wasnt stuck under these crazy monthly contracts i got i e cellphone bill and cable and car payment, i could easily survive on this income. But my check book cant so i go back. Its been fun though

I can’t have a tip jar in my car because it’s degrading and makes me feel like a beggar on wheels.

Oh I hear SOOOO many stories from pax on how drivers cry about not making money. Most of these people are educated well and are not dumb they think it is funny when they try the guilt trips

I had one ask why I don’t have a tip jar and I basically told them the same thing. The woman laughed and gave me a $5 and said it was her first tip

It goes to the same argument that is posted about waiters. That they should be paid a living wage so that depending on the charity of tips wouldn’t be necessary.

I have known many people who genuinely feel wronged when they don’t get a good tip. It is taken as an expectation and not a bonus. “I stood in the rain for five minutes waiting for you and I didn’t get a tip?”, “I brought you food in a blizzard and you only gave me $2?”

I have heard these actual words and a hundred variations on them.

Tip is something when you do something out of the ordinary. Driving from point a to b doesn’t cut it for me

The ones that do the most crying here are the ones who try to pull a fast one over the system. Cancel rides, won’t pickup someone more than 10 min away, stuff like that. I pick up EVERY ride. Sometimes I forget to turn lyft / uber off when picking up someone but that is about it.

It works for me. I can avg 25-30 an hour on good nights

I don’t think they have one. I’ve gotten pings in Menomonee Falls to waukesha. I’ve taken them, probably shouldn’t have but it usually works out because I get pings when I drop them off

As long as I still make the money I need to do fun things with the kids on the weekends I don’t really care

I don’t do the guilt trip thing, but I do honesty. Customers often ask how my night is going after I politely inquire about theirs, and I will tell the truth. “Well I have been on the job for two hours and you are only my second ride.”

Riders don’t really care to hear the drivers complain. It’s not their fault there are only so many rides for you that night.
They see it as " poor me" !

Well, since following this page, I have noticed quite a few people complaining about various stuff in this business… I’m over here like, I can’t wait to go out come Thurs night and make that :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag: