Taking away room for extra pax or extra luggage just my 2 cents

Is it just me or what! Why us it ok for mother to have a child and no car seat or buster seat, no I will not get one and cary it in my car not my responsibility. Pax thinks it ok just because their last uber driver did it, well I’m not that uber driver who will risk a child’s life for few bucks. I’m just going down the street. Smh.

It’s not your responsibility and you are taking responsibility of that child. The parents can buy their own and haul it around.

yes it’s your car and if you get into an accident. The child gets hurt the parents will come after you. Insurance may not cover it. You need to check

I don’t have any rugrats and don’t plan on any!!! I am not spending my money for parents (if you want to call them that) irresponsible adults not taking care of THEIR business! Why should they push it off on someone else to take of them,most are NOT Grateful and or Respectful anyway!:wink:

it’s a personal choice- there are just too many inconsiderate parents and people in general out there and I’m not babysitting no ones ass! Simple! Sounds like you my friend have issues or concerns!!!
I do rideshare and do well without having to add car seats or what not, I am just a responsible adult and take care of business properly!! No CAR SEAT- NO CHILDREN!! SIMPLE as PIE!!!

A car seat it’s a space used in your car, drive around with this item affects your capacity of load , it’s more often that you find a passenger who needs to load a suitcase in your trunk , then find an irresponsible spoiled mother… but the most important thing , passengers with baggage goes to the airport , moms with babies goes to Wal-Mart :thinking::sweat_smile:

So what if this family is coming from an airport ride where you waited 3+ hours for doesn’t have a car seat will you still cancel?

Uber and Lyft drivers in Texas are exempt from the child seat law.

https://www.dps.texas.gov/…/public…/seatbelt.htm
Chapter 545. Operation and Movement of Vehicles
§ 545.412. Child Passenger Safety Seat Systems; Offense.

(a) A person commits an offense if the person operates a passenger vehicle, transports a child who is younger than eight years of age, unless the child is taller than four feet, nine inches, and does not keep the child secured during the operation of the vehicle in a child passenger safety seat system according to the instructions of the manufacturer of the safety seat system.

(e) This section does not apply to a person:

(1) operating a vehicle transporting passengers for hire […]

Thanks for posting this. I was just going to let the know it alls on this post group run their mouths. Good information.

In some states rideshare is not classified as vehicle for hire because it is a cashless ride. We are not taxis. We can not be hailed, or hired, as a cab is.

In NY, NJ, PA, CA, and others, rideshare drivers have been fined for non compliance with child restraint laws.

How we are classified in the Texas rideshare law signed last year could be significant.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Chapter 46 Related to Vehicles-for-Hire
Amendments Approved 8/6/2014
Q: What is a vehicle-for-hire?
A: A vehicle-for-hire is a vehicle used for the provision of transportation services to the general
public in exchange for compensation. Taxicabs, limousines, pedicabs, sightseeing and charter
vehicles, jitneys, low speed shuttles and transportation network companies (UberX, Lyft, etc.) are
all different kinds of vehicles-for-hire. Traditional car-pooling or ride-sharing arrangements in
which friends, neighbors or co-workers share driving duties and the cost of gasoline are not
considered vehicles-for-hire by the City of Houston.

Seriously! I don’t know why these busy body Uber dorks get off on playing rule police so much… just drive the pax where they want to go… if this shit is too complicated or frustrating for you get another gig lol

Are you “operating a vehicle transporting passengers for hire”? Because if you are, then the section that says that a person commits an offense if they do not keep a child secure during the operation of the vehicle in a child passenger safety seat system according to the instructions of the manufacturer of the safety seat system, doesn’t apply.

Or, to put it another way, according to § 545.412 (a), you must keep a child restrained in a child safety seat, except (e) you’re exempt if transporting passengers for hire.

Your statement your statement says,Uberand Lfty drivers are exempt from carseat in transportation of a small child,best bet,do not pick up,carry a tape measure,verfy IDs,demand that the parent have a car seat or cancel on their end …I do

Y’all look for any way you can to power trip on pax and cancel rides and then complain so hard that you’re not making enough $$ quit being busybodies and just drive. This is a real simple gig, why complicate it?

Insurance companies make things complicated, they always are trying to find a reason to put liability on the driver… so it’s not just drive, ask a doctor who got to have an insurance for demands, an electrician who needs an insurance for damage on private property, etc believe me they love customers like you , who always pays insurance and then if something happens the claim it’s easily rejected, they have people specialized on that… so my friend… it’s not “JUST DRIVE”…

Uber has realesed updates in Dallas before idk if they sent it to Houston that it’s the drivers personal call on the car seat. They said do to morals and family values of many drivers they don’t want to put them in a position of choosing profit over safety so if you are uncomfortable worth a rider at any time you can cancel/deny the ride. I’ve told people picking them up that car seats and buster seats will be followed in my vehicle as a child’s life is more important than your convince. I’ve only had 2 people recently not have them and one complained and I just stated I that line back to them and the other one agreed and said they wished they had brought it after the last ride. Some drivers are not safe on the road. Some drivers shouldn’t have drivers license and you never know who is next that is going to be side swiped by a drunk/distracted driver running a light or stop sign and you won’t see them in many Instances until it’s too late no matter how definitely you drive.