Stop crying about how much it sucks to drive for Lyft and Uber

If you want to know the truth. Yes! I do because negativity only brings negativity. Whatever you send out comes back to you. After all the years I’ve lived in my life, I’ve realized that it is very important to be positive. Especially about things that I make money at. You are only as successful as you want to be. And people have been doing it for years with less than this. Simply by believing in themselves and not worried about anybody else. If you think the world is going to pave the way to your success you are sorely mistaken

Thank you! :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

I want a positive environment to ask any questions I may have as I grow doing this.

Thing I hate is people complaining about miles they have to drive to pick someone up, or the trip being too short. You are there to provide a service to get people from A to B, not about making the most money. I currently doing Uber Eats till my car get fixed from an accident. I’m not making as much money, but I enjoy seeing happy customers and that makes me happy.

I don’t know about you but I’m not in this to please every individual. I’m in this to make money and pay my bills and have money left over in my pocket each month if you’re in this to do charity and good for you I can tell you this there is no free rides with me and if I have to pick you up and only drive you two blocks but I had to drive 2 miles to come and get you you better bet your ass I’m rating you a one star and I am going to complain to Uber that I deserve to be compensated for the extra travel and believe me I get my extra compensation

.but bashing customers as if you hated them isnt good. as Brett said, you are here to provide a service…if you dont understand that…stop fucking driving and get a job where you dont have to deal with customers. so many whiny bitches in all the uber/lyft forums…its sad and pathetic

sounds to me like you’re not even a driver because a true driver that does this for a living Will bitch about driving 2 miles to pick up a customer to drive them two blocks come at me when you have lots of experience or lots of rides I’ve been doing this for five months and I’ve got 2500 trips have a good day sir oh let’s also not forget that I have a 4.92 rating with those trips

Only been driving about a month since we just got Uber/Lyft approved in Alaska, but so far for the most part I love it. Maybe that’ll change down the road, maybe not. But for now I love the freedom to work when I want/can, and I’ll take any extra money from this that I can get in addition to my M-F job. At the rate I’m going, this is going to be and already has been a big help in beginning to get out debt and having extra money to provide for my family. All in all, I’m very thankful

I agree with a lot of things said in the original post HOWEVER i believe it is insane to seek for only positive opinion.
If one wants to live within his happy bubble… I wish him the best. But be careful if (when?) it burst!

very few people want to have people respond to their post negatively. That is the main context of my message here. That when people post that they’re having a good day or they’re making good money, there’s always somebody who has something negative to say. Why??? what makes them feel like they need to rain on someone’s parade. I feel that if people have a problem with Lyft and Uber they need to bring it up with them. The people in this group cannot do anything to change it. So other than complaining to the people who CAN make the changes, replying with negative remarks only makes people anxious because they start feeling negative themselves. At least it does for me. I don’t get what is so difficult to understand about that. Nobody wants to read negative crap. And that’s pretty much end of the story. But I will say this post has been an experiment to find who it is I don’t want to interact with and who I do.

I don’t mind reading something negative as long as the person is bringing a valid constructive critic.
I would actually be thankful for opening my eyes on something i might have naively missed.

My point is;
You can choose to ONLY look at life in pink.
But there are more colors out there.
And i find it important to be aware of that.

I consider this a negative post. There are real grievances that some of us drivers have with mostly Uber, Lyft isn’t perfect either. In fact there are several lawsuits. They are finally doing something about it because they have to. For those of us that started with them we just want to be treated fairly, to make a fair wage and to have more control over what is supposed to be our own business. These forums are for all of us not just you. We need a place to talk about the good and the bad. If you don’t like it maybe you should start your own page that you can control. I’m not saying that to be mean but it sounds like you have to have things a certain way and that might solve your problem. I appreciate being able to have honest discussions and not have to watch what I say or sugar coat things for people that want everything positive and no complaining even through their rant is complaining.

I totally agree. A negative post about negative posts. Where is your utopia now?

Just like the riders, drivers can use the platform to work for them, I’ve been concentrating on weekends and busy times. And I just bought a great uber x/xl vehicle to help those weekend crowds. I plan to make money! My other job gets busy Sun. thru Tues. So it works great for me and my disabled son!

Yeah it’s annoying to be a negative Nancy, but also we as drivers need to improve different aspects of the rideshare business.

Networking, Just last night I had a senior vice president of a multi-billion dollar Gaming company add me on linkedin to help me get more connection.