Some Pax think uber/lyft is some sort of hook up thing

:woman_shrugging: I wasn’t attacking you, just rejecting your assertion that women who get hit in all the time must be putting out a “vibe,” using logic and examples to back it up. If I were attacking you I’d say anyone who thinks that is stupid and must be unattractive because they don’t know what it’s like to constantly get hit on.

it’s this generation that is more aware and actually know what consent is, also it helps that we live in the Bay. Anyone that spouts the “not all men” rhetoric is probably a misogynist at their very core.

the problem I have with what you just said is this…if I was a woman and someone attempted to expose themselves to me, that person would be arrested…that is against the law as far as any type of touching, that is also an arresting offense, but that one is up to you…but exposing themselves, no way…if you allow that to go without any repercussions, what do you think happens next time ??

This is my advice. However you can do what you want to do. Stop responding to that question when the passenger ask you about your safety.

I’ve learned a lot since I started driving almost 2 years ago. To NOT answer any seemingly inoccent but personal questions.

I just say I’m fine. Then redirect the conversation. Ask if the temperature is okay or anything and shut up.

Assume that all questions especially personal , are meant to feel you out and assess if you are an easy target.

Hell I don’t even tell the truth when someone ask how long have I been driving for the day. Everyone gets the same answer… I’ve just started. I’m just saying. Don’t be answering those passenger questions. You going to learn

This has happened to me on several occassions. One of them added me on fb and pmed me. And another wanted me to go to his hotel with him. I just ignore them and 1 star them

As a female driver, the shit that I hear or been told, u have no idea the stupidity that comes out of a guys mouth, thinking that it’s cute, flattering or a compliment!!! NO BITCH, we don’t want to hear it!!! :flushed:

Do you have a dashcam?i have found that people are much better acting when they realize they’re being recorded. I have a sign on my doors
No Smoking
No Eating
No Drinking
Dashcam In Use

I am simply a driver and I give no impression to anyone that they should touch me or act or talk innapropriatly there is absolutely no excuse for actions like that" point blank" if it’s male or female there is no excuse but these actions have only been by men so I do a agree 100% with Sharon juola and with all the others whom see where I’m coming from and thank you for the support in understanding. I usually don’t post stuff like this but I just thought I would this time considering this is just an almost every time I work type thing and knowing this yes I continue to keep doing my job and obviously there could be risks .We can only have that hope that all of us will be ok and safe out there always.

don’t let these guys fool you… You have a right to your feelings! Your fears and frustrations are valid. And you deserve to have a safe place to vent them… Here, to other drivers.

I’m sorry some boys in this post are too caught up in their own toxic masculinity that they can’t hear you or see you… But I do. And your voice matters, always!

if someone tries to touch you or speaks to you in a way that is unacceptable, you should keep calm as possible and cancel/drop them off at the nearest safe location, ie: police station, gas station, somewhere that has lighting and several people…also the incident should be reported to, at a minimum Uber, and depending on the severity, the police if warranted .

This job must be a hella confidence boost for the ladies. There’s not a female driver that won’t get hit on at night.

NO it’s NOT a “confidence booster”, it’s frightening. No one should EVER have to put up with it. We are out here working, trying to pay our bills, and get ahead.
I’m old, and I get my share of idiots. Don’t touch me, don’t ask personal questions, don’t flirt with me. You’re NOT giving some old lady a thrill by doing so … you’re being creepy.

And this is the reason i keep my front seat blocked, once they see that they know not to come at me like that, and i mean fucking business. Shit i got tired of the preverts

I hope you do not allow riders to sit in the front seat. I only allow it if the backseat is full. And one of the reasons that I refuse to accept uberPOOL requests is because I loath riders in the front. They do not have a choice. Would you let a rider take the wheel if he or she asked? I keep the passenger door locked, push that seat all the way up and don’t open that window more than a couple inches. And I sometimes keep a jacket and/or umbrella in that seat. There is no good reason for riders to sit in the front. You are the quarterback and you call the plays. It’s your car, your life and your prerogative. It is just a ride. It isn’t a date. Riders in the back is better for conversation. That way I don’t have to be in it. I am joking, of course. But I only converse with riders if they initiate it. Most riders don’t want to talk and no one wants to hear my life story. When I do converse I keep it light and appropriate. You can’t be too careful.

I ride in the front when I’m riding, and If the pax wants to ride in the front, they are welcome to. I’m a big dude and front seats are more comfy. it’s no safer for you if they are behind you rather than sitting next to you.

I actually don’t mind front or back. Wherever they are most comfortable. And though I’m a huge advocate for women’s rights, I truly believe all people mean well and do their best to be kind. I go into each situation assuming only the best will happen for all involved.
:earth_americas::blue_heart:

But bad breath… Ugh. Yeah, I’m with both of you on that!!! I can’t ever get over how some pax’ breath actually makes the entire car reek! Ugh, that’s the worst.

don’t let these guys fool you… You have a right to your feelings! Your fears and frustrations are valid. And you deserve to have a safe place to vent them… Here, to other drivers.

I’m sorry some boys in this post are too caught up in their own toxic masculinity that they can’t hear you or see you… But I do. And your voice matters, always!

^^ I should reiterate too… Not all guys. :slight_smile: Some of you are great advocates for men and women alike. I can’t tell you how valuable that is!! And refreshing! So thank you guys who are supportive and an incredible example of Divine masculinity.

I have a few suggestions for ladies who encounter unwanted advances a lot while driving: you really should consider getting a very decent camera,it can be a huge deterrent. Also pepper sprays and tazers are your friends but make sure you learn how to use them safely and effectively so that you don’t a ) spray yourself while trying to spray an attacker or b) miss while trying to taze em. Also if you have well trained, mean looking dogs take em with you have em in the front seat (kills 2 birds:no one sits in front and pax comports themselves cos they don’t know when that dog was last fed a human sacrifice ) also they can’t prove it’s not a service dog, after all if pax can have em in your vehicle you sure can have yours with you…lastly be vigilant and don’t ignore any spidey senses you have from the moment you accept a ride till the moment you pull up to pick up pax…Fellas who encounter unruly female and/or male pax, you are welcome to use any or all of these suggestions. …above all be safe y’all. Peace and love _/_

All you have to do is start describing some really disgusting facet of women’s health or something like that that will shut a dude right up start talking about ovulation or something or having heavy flow day or something