So huge fucking loophole with the new "UberPro" program

but nowhere does it say you will not get surge that is just your guess… it’s not really about the extra three to 6% it’s more about if you have 100 rides and you go to an event you get to go through 15 calls before you get a good one

keep your acceptance rate up over 85 percent or you will be losing some of what you see and earn now.

The Cherry Picking stops now. Or maybe not and you no longer are able to see a Long Pickup notification.

I suspect you cherry pick a lot but that is just a guess? Boost and quest gone? That used to be approximately 10 percent of my income when I drove Uber a few months back. With Cancel and Acceptance at < 1 and 5 percent respectively. The North Chicago suburbs were slim pickens and you took whatever was offered other than Lyft with no long pickup fee or you did not receive a ride and no income.

you do not know what you’re talking about when it comes to me my acceptance rate is almost always less than 20% I’m not chasing that crap I do XL or X surges… been doing this a long time over 10,000 rides I think I know what I’m doing and no I don’t cherry-pick if I accept the ride I’m going to do it

I was writing specifically to you because your acceptance rate is so low. That is the meaning of cherry picking and you are one of those fortunate enough to live in an area where you can.

By disqualifying yourself from the 85 percent acceptance rate, you will lose the ability to see long pickups to start. Who knows what else they have in store for you now.

Did you really think your past 10k rides over x amount of years or my 4,250 in 8-months mean anything to Uber? Not even a ms of thought went into this one.

I do not know if you even accept long pickups but apparently the market I just left - Chicago, drivers not qualified will no longer see that information on top of the 19 percent per mile rate hit they took a few weeks ago.

Again, you live in a unique area that still has over $2 and $1/mi XL and X rates respectively plus surge. I have seen and experienced areas of the country that have far lower rates and are no longer able to acquire surge multipliers. The loss of a long pickup fee notification will make driving even more of a crap shoot.

I hope you continue to cherry pick to your hearts delight without consequence. Acceptance rate cannot get anyone deactivated but there are consequences to picking and choosing. I hope this does not effect your income but Uber cannot wait to get to you as they have with just about everyone else other than maybe Yuma, AZ to Phoenix and a large swath of Eastern MA. MA went to the fixed surge a few months back if that helps.

you don’t know a cherry picking is… I could care less if it’s a long trip or a short trip if I’m getting the right surge to start it with… cherry picking is when you call your customer and if the trip is too short then you cancelled it that’s cherry picking and I don’t do that if the surge is right I’ll do it but I think I know this game better than you

LA better than me. You do not know crap about what the rest of the country is like. LA is not out of the woods. As long as drivers are willing to drive for less, you are a higher expense to be pruned.

As stated above, I hope this new “plan”, lower rates, no surge multiplier, and fewer notifications does not hit you. If it does, at least you know why it did.

It is those that refuse to learn that will end up on the trash heap.

Nobody told you how to do your job but you love telling others how to do theirs. An LA XL cherry picker telling an X driver from somewhere you have never driven speaks volumes.

No shit. I work 8pm to 6am in New Orleans, I’m canceling if someone is rude, disrespectful or intoxicated to the point that I don’t think they are in control of themselves. I think they cut us overnight drivers more slack than they daytime ones just because they know what we have to deal with but this new program won’t take that into account.

So the bottom teir requires 600 points [within a 3 month period, then you lose the points and start all over again], 1 point per ride. I only drive 2-3 days per week, and work both platforms. The most points I’ll get in week one is 50. So it would take me 12 weeks to qualify and then it starts over. Just another bonus I won’t be participating in. I’d rather just drive and make my money.

Not even worth the hassle.
I’d bet few can jump thru all their hoops for what amounts to basically .06 cents per dollar.
Oh goody, that regular $2.66 fare is now magically $2.72
It’s like putting lipstick on a pig.

Hardly true. Putting lipstick on a pig accomplishes more, because the pig will feel pretty.

I experienced the Premium Support for about a month before I deactivated myself. It was actually great. A U.S. support rep speaking plain English and the BS was stopped.

Once the 19 percent reduction in the Chicago per mile rate appeared, game over Uber.

it’s been going downhill for years. It’s not going to get any better. The sooner drivers figure that we have control over Uber by logging off, the sooner Uber will change their tune.