Six Amazing Rideshare Drivers You Should Follow

This article is an expose dedicated to sharing the amazing sites of six experienced rideshare drivers. These amazing people have not only dedicated themselves to rideshare driving but taken it one level further and made it a rideshare business. Each person is unique and offers a different perspective on the rideshare scene. So, without any more fanfare and applause, let's get to it. We set the list according to YouTube subscribers (We decided on this rather than views, due to the subscription being actual followers rather than actual views which can be a video view done by the same person more than once), from the No.1. spot to the No.6. place, and if you (reader) know of anyone that comes in the top ten then write to us and we will include them in our next article on amazing rideshare drivers.

No.1. The Rideshare Guy, name: Harry Campbell

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCwyU2RqlalzpKIrUhYWHfw/about

https://therideshareguy.com/

A highly successful blogger and driver that turned his life around when he decided to make ridesharing his main focus in life. Actually, Harry or RSG has a number of sites, so it's a bit harder to give full statistics, so we kept him within the constraints of this articles statistics. His Alexa rank is mind-blowing.

His statistics are:

YouTube

• Joined Nov 9, 2014
  • Views 2,957,978
  • Subscribers 22,572
  • Hundreds of uploaded videos (too many to count!!! phew)

Google

• Harry+campbell+uber 466,000 hits
  • Therideshareguy 67,700 hits

Alexa

• Global position: 150,311
  • USA position: 25,616

Description

**(**Source: https://therideshareguy.com/about-the-rideshare-guy/)

“When I started this site in 2014, I was a full-time aerospace engineer and part-time Uber and Lyft driver. I actually discovered rideshare as a passenger back in 2012, but it wasn’t until I moved from San Diego up to Orange County that I decided to give it a try as a driver.”

No.2. The Simple Driver, Name: Calvin Hill,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5KiAuWvgpontNkGV-nposg/about

I have got to take my hat off to this guy, he has some amazing videos and offers a very business like approach to rideshare driving.

His statistics are:

YouTube

• Joined Jul 26, 2016
  • Subscribers: 51,706
  • Views: 2,705,126
  • 20 uploaded videos

Google

• Calvin+hill+uber 476,000 hits
  • Thesimpledriver 24,900 hits

Alexa

• Global position: 1,244,419
  • USA position: 341,661

Description

Unfortunately, The Simple Driver likes to keep his life quiet and simple, so we don't have a bio about him.

No.3. Uber Man, Name: Randy Shear,

https://www.youtube.com/user/randyshear/about

This young man has been doing Uber videos for five years, and he is going strong with the largest number of view on YouTube of all the rankers here. Unfortunately, we cannot find a personal website, so that detracts from his overall statistical strength and puts him in third place, which is still strong a one site service. He does have links to other sites, but they are not personal web pages.

His statistics are:

YouTube

• Joined Mar 10, 2007
  • Subscribers: 40,399
  • Views: 10,342,526

Google

• Randy+shear+uber 458,000 hits

Description

The following description was taken from Randy's bio video.

Randy Shear has been online for five years and driving as well as creating video content to help other drivers and people interested in ridesharing. Randy came from a broken home; his father divorced his mother when he was only five years old. His father moved to life with another wife and had a middle-class lifestyle, while his mother had to work for MacDonald's and deal with raising Randy and financing his education as well as his antics. Randy sees his mother as a saint and the main driving force behind his lifestyle. She was hardworking still is, but now in a better position, and I believe in hard work too. They grew up living in an old Trailer, and many times they didn't have water or heating and electricity. There were moments when you came home to see an eviction notice on the door too. Life was rough, and times were hard, but Randy's mum worked harder to provide, even when there were days that food was scarce. She never smoked, and Randy used to hate his dad, sometimes he would be strict with Randy but over time, and now that Randy is married he realizes that they did what they needed to do considering all the situations.

Randy's father lived in a nice house with garden, swimming pool, saltwater fish tanks, the works, but he also had to work hard to maintain the life he was living, and he demanded from Randy perfect school scores. Explaining to him how important it was to succeed in school and college, to give him the tools to continue succeeding in life.

I moved with my dad to a farm and lived there with my stepmom, we had animals all around us and but then my dad had to move again and at the age of 12 found myself with two stepsisters living in an apartment. My dad is an electronics engineer, so he could earn enough to pay for everything as well may my mum's child support for when I lived with her. Basically, my dad worked really hard too, and only now I realize how hard life was back then.

I started my first job working for my dad in the summers; my dad is a brilliant man, he can write code, build computers and do just about anything with electronics. He was in the Air Force and went to college, and taught me the basics of electronics and programming. So in the summer, when he was working for a two-way radio installation company for police cars, ambulances, and fire trucks, I was put in charge of cleaning the company up and doing about any chore he would give me. I ended up installing two-way radios in cars and did that for a while, which taught me a lot about electrical circuits and electronics. In my next job, I got paid to be a shoe shiner, and I have no shame in stating that, I started cleaning shoes at a travel plaza on i-40 and Morgan road here in Oklahoma. It was a shitty job, but I earned money. My next job was when I was 15 years old and started to work for Burger King, and I did that for a while. After working for about a year at Burger King, I took off and just drifted from one job to another, sometimes getting into the usual teenage troubles, but eventually did a lot of other shit and got into more serious trouble which could have ruined my life. I had to join Job Corp or go to jail, so I joined Job Corp, and I was lucky I reached this stage like a minor, so I have no record.

Job Corp was good for me, I finished my GED and got my driving license and then got a certified nursing assistant license. I managed to get a job, have a home, and the again did some stupid stuff, got married and divorced twice, and when I was 24, I lost my kids to the DHS which made me realize the situation I was in. That was back in 2004, so I ended up going to anger management classes, yes, I was violent, you don't see that on me now, but back then I was violent and reckless. I want a drug or alcohol abuser, just an angry and violent man. I used to work for a contractor back in Yukon Oklahoma, but when my boss died his wife decided to throw us out of or Condo. We had a condo since it was part of our work contract, once the contract ended due to his death we ended up living in a motel burning through our cash, and then I started to write hot checks, and we moved, living in a tent by the lake. The one day a cop car came by and stated that our kids were homeless and took them to the DHS. I realized I was a poor excuse for a father and not much better as a man. It was only after the cops took my kids away from that I realized how important they were to me. It took me two years to get them back.

This wakeup call pulled me back into the world of reality, and I started to shift my internal gears. I set up an e-bay shop and started to trade in selling electronic gadgets online. I then added to that delivery work as well. Together with my wife, working we could afford a lawyer and not need a public defender to help us get our kids back.

My next job was selling cars, I expanded on that and started out buying cars from the impound auctions and then reselling them for a profit. I then started a company and was pulling in six figures a year, and realized that this was a good income, but I could do better. During this time, I divorced my second wife, and the business took a dive to, so I ended up losing both my wife and my business. I didn't sit about moaning about it, I pulled myself up again and discovered Uber.

I started the Uber channel on YouTube, drove for Uber and created a sensational online following. My income has grown exponentially from the online video work. Most people, in fact, everyone does not see what is in the video. They do not see the stories of each person making the video. Ever since 2004 I have been an independent business man, I have succeeded in building a six-figure business, worked in a number of positions, been in the shit and come back again a few times. I have succeeded in overcoming my weaknesses and teaching myself to behave. I have done a lot of hard jobs, from working with plastic pellets pulling out plastic sheets at 110 degrees to building a major company, so I know a lot of what is behind business and how to make money. This is what stands behind my business presence online.

No.4. Jermaine Ellis, name: Jermaine Ellis,

Site:
https://www.youtube.com/user/901cali/about

https://www.facebook.com/901jermaine/

This

His statistics are:

YouTube

• Joined Dec 28, 2008
  • Subscribers: 26,113
  • Views: 4,092,064

Google

• Jermaine+ellis+uber 113,000 hits

Description

“Some people call me the sharing economy Vlogger. A few companies that I talk about frequently are Uber Uber Eats, Postmates, iCracked and many many other bay area startups. I like to talk about making money saving money tips and review videos. I also have a video series named The San Francisco Series, and in these videos, we talk about San Francisco’s stuff. I’m also a world traveler too, so I’m definitely going to make travel blogs too. I have tons of helpful playlists as well.”

No.5. Rideshare Professor, name: Kunert Torsten,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJBF1a25kUzTdcxbXs0j-XQ/about

This prolific teacher is gaining more and more ground daily, only one and half years online and he is already threating in the top holders. Watch out and learn from him, its worth your while.

His statistics are:

YouTube

• Joined Apr 27, 2016
  • Subscribers: 19,024
  • Views: 2,728,217

Google

• Torsten+kunert+uber 132,000 hits

Description

Why did I start this Rideshare information channel?

“I drive for Uber (rating 4.96) and Lyft (rating 5.0), and after 3 years of experience in various Uber and Lyft categories, I needed to share what I have learned to date. I report on real tips, tricks, and issues.”

Exciting things are happening ladies and gentlemen, and I will make sure to keep you posted.

Torsten

torstenkunert68@gmail.com

Tel. 480-393-6318

No.6. Drive Girl Drive, name: Cecily Jamelia,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb-UXTErk16ChLcVNYuoaig/about

https://www.instagram.com/drivegirldrive/

This hilarious and amazing woman uses her talents to get over (and win over) audiences to understand how Uber driving can be better done with a female touch.

Her statistics are:

YouTube

• Joined Mar 15, 2016
  • Subscribers: 6,407
  • Views: 644,781

Google

• Cecily+jemelia+uber 5,000 hits

Description

Your girlfriend's guide to driving for Uber and other rideshare platforms. My videos offer a woman's perspective on how to get started as a rideshare driver, best practices for the job, advice on how to handle situations and my real feelings on how to handle this job, like a lady.

Cecily Jamelia (pronounced "Ses-sil-lee Ja-mell-ah"), is a mom, entrepreneur, actress, writer and stand-up comedian living in Los Angeles, CA. She's starred national commercials and made appearances on such TV shows like VH1′s "Beverly Hills Fabulous", WE TV's Sinbad's "It's Just Family", Spike TV's "1000 Ways To Die", SyFy Channel's "Face Off", Comedy Central's Jon Benjamin Has a Van and in two independent films "Brainiacs in LA LA Land" and "Going to The Nut House".

Her comedic performances can be seen at comedy clubs all over Los Angeles. She's also an aspiring comedy writer, sketch & improv performer, with several videos on Youtube. Find out more about her standup or improv performances with LA Comedy Connection at www.cecilyjamelia.com

Join my–I mean "her" impressive collection of friends on facebook: cecilyisfunny & twitter: cecilyjamelia!Drive Girl Drive Los Angeles based | Rideshare from a woman's point of view. I vlog about Postmates, Doordash, Uber, UberEats, & more…managed by @cecilyjamelia