Silliest thing you did as an Uber/Lyft driver?

I energetically acknowledged my first XL ping, a pickup 20 minutes away, supposing I’d get the superior pickup pay (You don’t on XL). The pickup was a resigned NFL player and his company from his golf trip. I went through 10 minutes pressing my truck brimming with individuals and their stuff before beginning the ride, at that point he demands halting for espresso, which I joyfully do, thinking “He has cash, he’ll deal with me.” after 5 minutes we were headed to an inn. Everything considered, over a hour of my time, for an astounding aggregate of $25.94. Obviously no tip. Never again.

This has been an intriguing (however briet) come back to Uber after not taking a ride since May 2017. Over the most recent 2 days I have given 20 rides. In everything except 2 of these rides the pax has been remaining at the control sitting tight for my landing. The other 2 were there before the 2 minute clock lapsed. This NEVER occurred in years past and is an immense enhancement. I surmise telling the pax that they will be charged a modest concession following 2 minutes has been sufficient to get them roused. The pax have all been incredible and I need to state that I have delighted in every one of the 20 of the drives, even those where nobody talked. I spent 30 minutes giving conjugal counsel to a youthful male who truly didn’t comprehend the idea of a marriage being an association on our drive to IAH however I surmise I didn’t get too ludicrous since he left a $10 tip!

Interesting that I am running under a 50 rides/$600 ensure so $12/ride ensure. Recently I was getting riders rapidly with stacked pings every once in a while. Today…crickets except if I was close somebody searching for a more drawn out ride. I pondered what the trick would be and it gives the idea that they won’t abandon you with 40 rides and give you nothing else except for rather simply abandon you swinging in the breeze except if you are close to a rider who is taking a more extended trek.

My story helps me to remember the time we spend in Block, NJ a year ago. We went to the nearby Costco and when we went to get a truck, they were altogether fastened together. The best way to get your truck was to embed a quarter into an opening and the chain would be discharged. When you at that point restored the truck to the assigned area and re-associated it to the chain, the quarter would be discharged and you the truck cost you nothing. I was totally paralyzed that there was ZERO trucks that were not came back to the best possible area. This was altogether propelled by the all-powerful $0.25. Leave a truck anyplace, whenever for any reason…unless it would cost me a quarter. Goodness, hellfire no! Splendid!