Pro Tip for my Uber/Lyft Drivers:

About every other fill up. However, I don’t like to let my tank go past 1/2. If it gets to 1/4 I’m really pushing my OCD…LOL!

Ok this is a good topic and my question is an uneducated one.

Should we at all cost stick with same Brand of gas and not chase dollar amount?

I can’t really give you a educated answer but my answer is no lol… I mean don’t get the cheapest stuff you can find at the happy store but I think gas from any major gas station is good.

well we need some education lol… don’t just tell me gas is trash tell me why and offer support … I’ve never in 33 years had a car fail because of bad gas.

I think we are more so speaking on long term problems that would apply to thousands of pumps… if your car stalled right after getting gas then that would be contamination isolated to that pump which can happen at any gas station in world.

Fuel is done in tiers. ALL the gas is brought in on the same tanker in one huge hull. As its transported on the tanker whatever sediment in the fuel settles to the bottom leaving the top of the fuel in the hull cleaner,that’s considered “Top Tier Gas”. That’s where all the top brands (Shell, Exon / Mobile, Chevron, ect) purchase their fuel from. It’s easier to filter & they add cleaners, so you’ll pay slightly more at the pump. As they get closer to the bottom of the hull, i.e. Bottom Tier, there’s more crap in the fuel to filter out. Combine that with a cheaper filtering process & no additives & that’s where you get your cheaper cost at the pump at the Mom & Pop locations, along with engine problems over time. Your vehicle is one of your largest investments next to your house,take care of it & it’ll take care of you !!! Spend the extra .60 cents total down the street to fill up for the better gas & it’ll pay off in the long run!

So I’m going to go out on a limb and say any gas station most of us comfortable stopping at is top tier gas which is why I say it really doesn’t matter where you stop. Only one not on the list I copied and pasted is race track

I think it’s because most of the stations like Chevron, Shell, & BP are franchised to Owner Operators who don’t care, where as QT & the like are Corporate stores.

Hence no glass cleaner or paper towels at the pumps, a lot of pumps out of service, dirty lots, dirty restrooms, or restrooms not offered at all, ect…

Notice that in the listed Top Tier companies in the above article, “RacTrac” IS NOT listed. They are not Top Tier & DO NOT use any additives, hence their fuel is always a little cheaper…

Most gas actually comes through the same pipelines, colonial. Different brands add different additives at the terminals (Doraville/Powder Springs). Gas is like any others commodity, most stations have contracts to buy a certain amount of gas each day from distributors. They don’t and can’t make decision to buy from different distributors day to day. Gas supply is scheduled weeks in advance. That’s why there are shortages when something happens in the gulf - limited pipelines to Atlanta and the southeast.

Shell mistreats and abuses my country. Spills, pollution, fires, countless deaths. BP lost my business after the oil spill.

People don’t know what goes on on behind the scenes to get this gas here for us to use.