Pool rides, Yay or Nay?

I find that to be the opposite, when they are not dumped into a car with other pax, hence the reason to limit the exposure the way I explained it to you. I maintain a 4.96 on both platforms with nearly 4,000 rides between them. And I am not the most pleasant old man on the shore.

Why shouldn’t they save a couple of bucks if there’s little chance of having an additional rider? And why should it make a difference to you if there’s Little chance of picking up additional riders … it would be just like a traditional Lyft. I’m not trying to be a smart ass I just don’t get it.

Human nature dictates that we always chose the lesser price, so I do not hold it against the pax that requests pool, just keep it to one party and all is well. As the driver has the choice on this portion, the pax gets the cheaper price and the driver gets paid as if it were an x ride.

In the past I have had to become a bouncer in my own car when I picked up 2 ladies and 2 guys at a night spot on the shore. Well, the guys had been hitting on these girls all night long and continued to do it in my car. The girls were very uncomfortable with the situation, so I ended up throwing out the 2 baboons and reported them. This was 2 years ago on the MDW start of pool. I did not do another pool ride for a year because of that, so I was losing $$ every ride I declined.

I was raised in a household where we (3 boys) were taught to respect the women in the world. I am old a decrepit now and still hold to that fact. I do not stand for people being nasty to a female (even if warranted) and will never stand for any man that strikes a woman. Simple upbringing.

I make Pool work for me and accept them when I know it will help me. I operate on a higher level than most other drivers when it comes to maximizing my earnings.
I never accept the second passenger unless it benefits me to take two riders at once: I’m close to the deadline for a quest, the first rider has a high surge and the second rider is going further, or there’s a way for me to milk Uber even more and make even more money taking both than the sum of what I’d make taking each rider individually.
Uber Pool has a higher tolerance for you to go a longer route without charging the passenger extra, with the exception of taking a route that adds tolls, as Talj Howard recently experienced. For example, 21st street in Avalon to 44th street in Sea Isle, if the passenger orders Uber X and I take the Parkway, the passenger will be charged extra. If it’s Pool for that exact same ride and I take the Parkway, the passenger isn’t charged extra. That is one case where a Pool ride benefits me over an X ride.
Uber has lost money in the long run on my Pool rides; the sum of the service fees is negative.
On the flip side, a Pool could cost the passenger extra if I add extraneous tolls, but an X ride won’t. Using Talj’s ride from Elizabeth to Bayonne, the driver went through Staten Island and Talj was charged for the two $20 tolls. Had that been an X ride, the driver would have pocketed the two $20 tolls and Uber would have taken the loss, provided that going through Staten Island takes the same amount of time as going via the Turnpike.
I don’t want to charge the passenger extra and if they question my route I give them the guarantee that they will pay the exact same upfront price or else I will refund their entire fare and give them a free ride. It’s a winning gamble for me as most of the time I am right. Upfront pricing has been the best thing for my earnings since I have mastered it. I feel like someone who counts cards in blackjack.

But yeah i do it in the city during surges its the best. The suburbs are annoying. With the short 4 mile trips though. As a driver i do what’s best for me. I hate that sometimes they hide the second passengers location til you get to them. If thethey extend the ride chill but if they a rude in the middle with no additional mileage im not really trying to take it