Policies for Uber or Lyft in regard to people with kids and not car seat?

It depends on your state. I’m going to give you the facts and the law.

But before I do, I am going to suggest that you do not take anybody who has a child without a car seat. You can never live with yourself if a child dies in your vehicle even if the accident isn’t your fault.

In Most states, like the state of Florida, as a ride for hire. Meaning you are a taxi, TNC, or even a limo driver, it is at your discretion to give a ride but you are not required to provide a car seat for the child. It is the responsibility of the adult who was paying for the ride to provide a car seat for the child. If there is an accident that person is responsible for that child.

Some people suggest providing a car seat. I for one do not because if something does happen and the child is injured in the car seat that you provided you could be held liable

when you cancel a ride in uber you actually get the option to pick that there was no car seat. I’m not sure about lyft though

Nope no child seat no ride. Too big a liability and I never let my kids ride loose so why would I allow a stranger to do that in MY vehicle. It’s illegal

I had a father with what looked like a newborn in a harness on his chest! I told him I could not take him home as he had a car seat he was indignant but I said sorry that’s the life of your child I’m concerned about and plus it’s the law

I know in Ca it’s law of the land and you must refuse to transport a child 5 yrs or 50#