Picked up a pax that brought a pit bull

She opens door the dog jumps in with wet muddy feet and in one swift movement the dogs paw was on my shoulder and trying to get at my face. Yes i was afraid. Did not want to drive them. After a few minutes she moved dog to passenger side. Uber should have a rule that large dogs like this needs a muzzle. Oh yeah the dog smelled awful the owner even said it. Upon dropping them off she used a towel to clean off my leather seats. When it was not cleaning well she asked if she could put snow on my seats to clean. UGH

no it was not. She had a water bottle to threaten him with. Then she says I forgot to put water in it

nope only service animals are required by law. It’s your discretion to accept/decline the ride if it’s not a service animal.

in the future if it is a Service Dog you have a right to ask that and what Service does he perform. EMOTIONAL SUPPORT DOGS according to ADA are NOT Service Dogs.

by the way you do NOT have the right to ask what service a service animal provides, it’s a protected right and refusal can get you sued and banned from Uber!

Also says if the dog is not under control and the owner doesn’t make an effort to get them under control or is not able to get them under control you may ask them to leave the premises even if it is a service animal.

they are right about the two questions you can legally ask. Anything else would be considered violating their rights.

Could have been a service animals pit bulls can be service animals too and there are people that just don’t discipline there animals

service animals have to be properly trained or they won’t pay enough attention to do their job. They are extremely well behaved and know what they are supposed to do.

muzzling a service dog could prevent it from actually doing its job. It may need to bark to draw attention to their owner. They may need to use their mouth to complete their tasks.

why should a service dog have to be muzzled in public? because it has the capability to bite someone? humans have the capability to hurt someone but we don’t demand they walk around wearing handcuffs :roll_eyes:

I may be wrong here but I was under the impression that we are not allowed to even ask if its a service dog. I would have requested to Uber a cleaning fee too. It makes it tough for you to pick up the next passenger when you car smells like a wet dog and the seats are a mess.

“GENERAL RULES

Q7. What questions can a covered entity’s employees ask to determine if a dog is a service animal?
A. In situations where it is not obvious that the dog is a service animal, staff may ask only two specific questions: (1) is the dog a service animal required because of a disability? and (2) what work or task has the dog been trained to perform? Staff are not allowed to request any documentation for the dog, require that the dog demonstrate its task, or inquire about the nature of the person’s disability.”

You’re 100% wrong. Asking what task the animal has been trained to do is one of the two allowed questions.

i did n ki t say service dog. I do not think it was and that is why i said a muzzle. This dog jumped into the car and was all on my shoulder and in my face. A muzzle would have let me know that i would not be bitten.

Just like they require our documentation to drive, they need to have people required to submit proof the dog is a legit service animal. That’s some bs.

There is already federal laws regarding this. You can’t ask for proof and only can ask two questions. Read the law. Furthermore, emotional support dogs dont fall under the same law and are not service animals.

because driving and having a special spot is a privilege, not a right. using public services (such as trains, buses, and taxis) with your medical equipment is not a privilege, it’s a right.

Sounds like it wasn’t a service animal. I would have declined unless you have a cover to put over your seat. They should asked, not assume it is ok to bring their dog.

I have a pit bull & love them. I’m also not afraid of big slobbery dogs. But I absolutely would have cancelled the ride. There’s no excuse for that! This is your BUSINESS! No one would dare bring a muddy messy dog in a flower shop or clothing boutique. How rude!