Pax mad for paying surge price

That’s why when something like this happens you hit first, don’t take chance and report his ass

You can file a john doe defamation law suit and then have lawyer get name legally through uber and get lost wages and lawyer fees back especially with dash come footage my friend did late last year because they had him down for 2 weeks he won

See small claims court is great if you have the money to spare to file it but if you don’t have the money to file it yourself this is why we need a professional association so many people in today’s economy operate on the edge financially and one bogus accusation like this could leave someone devastated economically but if we have a professional association backing us up they could certainly retain services as well as acting our behalf against the company pulling that bull crap on innocent drivers when unscrupulous passengers make false accusations

Since having a lawyer cost a lot this is a reason that I think drivers needed professional association one that acting on behalf of driver’s will retain Legal Services in the event of such circumstances because let’s face it sometimes it’s easier to bite the bullet and deal with the crap of not being able to work for so many days or weeks then it is to fight it. With a professional association with lawyers available for a driver in such circumstances then certainly you can far easier fight such a thing…

He should have called as soon as the passenger said thanks for canceling on me. Any time they give you any sign of being unhappy, report it. Caution keeps you driving.

Been there… I always tell the next passenger about what happened few moments ago or the last ride. I always enlighten them with my driving experience with Uber. Just like that one night I picked up 2 girls after the last trip got cancelled by mistake because I was trying to go offline so it could be my last trip before I got home. When they got in… Only one of the girl said hi the other one just seemed quite and pissed off. So I started the conversation like how was your day she said exhausting and as usual they ask about you… And that’s where I tell them that I had a good day but the last ride got cancelled by mistake. That’s where the other girl found out and she started talking. Being in this business for a long time kind of makes you a psychiatrist. You started learning people’s behaviors and how they act in certain situations or what they are thinking.

Now this is just my usual ice breaker plus tips… :woman_shrugging:

Sorry to hear what happen.

The only thing I can suggest for next time is if the app keep on re-routing, call the passenger to find out where he is at. Let the passenger cancel the trip if u have trouble finding him.

I noticed you were using Uber. One good thing about Lyft is, if you suspect the passenger will make a complaint, you can leave a comment to support. So if the passenger do complain, they will check your comments on the trip.

We both drive for uber and lyft. And the problem was he hit accept for the trip but it was saying routing over and over but not showing the map or pax name nothing. He couldn’t even call the screen was kinda frozen in a way but just saying routing

In that case all you have to do is reset either the phone or start the app with no other apps running if it cancels on the passenger screenshot what you have if you can first that way they don’t have a leg to stand on that they’re just getting revenge for a cancellation but sometimes you can’t help it if your equipment malfunctions

Get a lawyer and sue uber… you are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law and as a contractor you are due certain rights. Have your lawyer subpoena this guys contact info and sue him for loss of employment and drag his ass into court.

Crap like this is why we need a professional driver Association backing both do Uber and Lyft drivers. Some people say just go to small claims court and sue Uber for lost wages that’s fine but not everybody has the money to spare to pay the filing fee. However a professional association network, certainly with trapping similar to a union in many ways acting on advocacy for drivers If a driver has a situation where they’re falsely accused of misconduct in performance of a ride and are deactivated while investigated, then they certainly should be required to accept exculpatory evidence. Moreover a professional driver Association would certainly have the clout to force either company to release information to the association and any perhaps legal counsel retained to go after unscrupulous passengers for such bad concept that has a negative impact on drivers livelihood. This is probably more akin to the FOP for police or the NEA for teachers, then really resembling any traditional Union like the teamsters or AFL-CIO. Moreover although it certainly should be used primarily to protect Rideshare drivers certainly other gig economy workers that depend on their livelihood not being obstructed by unscrupulous customers so obviously this could certainly work for things like Postmates doordash GrubHub or even those working for local restaurant delivery or courier delivery services…