Pax got 4 star for no tip

I have given almost all of my riders a 5* with no tip. Does really giving them a lower rating help get better tips?

Short answer: nope. It does make me feel better for a split second tho and if all drivers used a similar standard we’d have a much better idea of who to pick up or not and at that point, after non-tipping riders kept getting cancelled or not accepted, maybe things would change. But some drivers just seem to like being exploited.

This is a weak argument. When I started driving with uber the rate was $1.75/mile, it’s now $0.85/mile. Uber was also inferring to riders that tip was included, which it wasn’t, but that set the mentality of not tipping.

That’s a very simple minded response and you clearly can’t see the big picture. You also have know idea what I do or make with my ‘real job’. Fortunately my days of ubering for necessary income are over but that’s not the case for 1k’s of drivers, and your perpetuation of Walmart ideals is detrimental to that workforce.

That’s not it at all. It was never a secret that uber riders don’t tip. I’m just not delusional. I do this part time and drive for both uber and lyft. Of course I like tips, but tips are tips. I’m working for the money driving pays me.

I started driving with UBER knowing that riders did not HAVE to tip… I am a restaurant server too… and my customers do not HAVE to tip, but almost 100% DO! It’s a service being provided and passengers should know better… I have been an UBER passenger as well as a driver and I have always tipped my driver. Why wouldn’t you???

When you signed up to drive, I’m sure you watched the how to video. Uber is and always will be adamant that no tip is necessary, it is a cashless automatic smooth transaction. You are blaming the passengers for Uber’s conduct. Get over yourself

Uber doesn’t provide the service, we do. I blame the passengers for their conduct. Tipping is never “necessary” for any transaction. But neither is waiting for the pax while not being paid for the time, providing heat and A/C, following their idiotic directions, conversing with them, or any of the services we provide gratus. The fare charges only for time and distance. That is all the pax is entitled to, but they expect more. They should be willing to pay for the “more” they demand. The rating system allows the pax to penalize us if we don’t give them the “more” they want. It also allows us to (ineffectionally) penalize them for not paying for services they demand without payment.