Nothing good comes after midnight

My personal rule is “nothing good happens after midnight” and the one time I broke my rule it nearly cost me with vomit but I was lucky enough to escape unscathed but this reinforces that rule on so many levels.

You could have video recorded her with ur phone. And this is why I don’t drive after 9pm. A cop I drove once said don’t ever compromise ur safety. Be safe and good luck in the future. :+1:t2:

That’s awful. Breaks my heart to hear us out there trying to make some money while helping out others get home safely only for these incidents to turn out. Hope you don’t get a review. Be safe

You should be able to include the police report in Lyft’s investigation as well, to defend yourself against any allegation from Lyft.

I keep my doors lock at all time ones I see the passenger I can pretty much tell their intoxicating levels? At this point I keep driving and cancel ride e-mail uber on details of cancel

You got your police report you are good email the police report to Lyft and let them handle it from there she’ll be removed

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. If you are able to submit a copy of the police report to Lyft, I don’t see how they could side with the passenger. You could probably press charges against the passenger for threatening, if you felt inclined to do so.

Honestly. I would press charges. She is a lunatic. Shouldn’t be aloud to ever ride with any uber driver. Word gets around and will teach pax to respect the drivers.

N that’s the dumb shit uber does… I really feel like we have no support at all. Glad ur safe thou. No more midnights lol

Many of you know that I installed a Blackvue dashcam in my truck and I have been asked by several people where I got it.

Here’s a link to the camera I bought: http://www.thedashcamstore.com/blackvue-dr650s-2ch-ir…/

I’m happy to announce that I have made a special arrangement with The Dashcamstore for this group alone to get a $30 discount on the purchase of this camera. During checkout, use the coupon code GR30. This code is only for our little group. I hope it helps. The Dashcamstore is the largest BlackVue dealer in the United States and is a warranty center for them. You don’t always get warranty coverage from dealers on Amazon or eBay. Also, the dashcamstore has their own technical support department that is amazing and lots of how-to videos.

I got the DR650S 2CH-IR camera, the Power Magic Pro, the 4’ video cord and the polarizing filter. They also have the warning, video recording in progress in this vehicle stickers.

If you have pre-sales questions, you can call Gabriel at (888) 855-5470 or direct at (512) 516-5005.

Just so the site management knows, I’m not making anything off this.

I can’t imagine any of us spending $400 on a dash camera, when we can buy a decent quality spy camera for less than $100.

The problem with those is they don’t have very high quality resolution in the back seat in the dark. This particular camera has a powerful infrared camera that makes small details quite visible at night.

The other thing that I like about this model is that it comes with BlackVue Cloud. When I’m driving my wife can log into the camera and see and hear what’s going on in the cabin without the Pax knowing it. Plus she can track where I am, all from her home computer. A valuable safety tool for sure.

Are you getting paid to promote this brand?

There are several options on the market with quality resolution, designed specifically with that in mind.

In fact, if a driver wanted to go with a cheaper alternative (You know; a driver on a budget) they could purchase a multi cigarette lighter insert for $10, and car lights that can be taped to the underside of seats illuminating the back seat allowing the camera to record a better quality image.

The driver on a budget could spend about $50 total, and have themselves liability protection in the event an issue arises.

I am not opposed to the product or brand you are advertising. I am, however, providing alternatives for drivers who might not be able to afford a $400 dash camera.

Fyi, yes, quite a few of us have purchased a $400 camera, including myself. I was torn between the blackvue and the Thinkware, and ended up going with the Thinkware. Both are incredible. The others don’t compare. I actually went through 2 or 3 cheaper options first, and they didn’t meet my needs.

first and foremost …glad you are okay and glad the incident turned out in a positive way with things being taken care of properly.

Just as a thought, not all bad things happen after midnight, the other night I was out driving and picked up a person and the fee was about $15 to drop them to the destination. The guy gave me a $40 tip! I also had many positive experiences meeting great clientele after midnight, everything from the college kids to seniors and have had positive experiences…

That being said though I know exactly where you’re coming from. I’ve had the college kids who have thrown up in my car all the way up to adults in their late seventies throwing up in my car and things in between as well as passengers who get angry but 9 times out of 10 it is alcohol induced for whatever reason.

Definitely would suggest taking look at dual dash cams. I use a trip cam ( no promo) in my vehicle and everyone knows all conversations are being recorded similar to the photo that you saw that another user posted in this thread. Check on your state laws in regards to recording audio and video, I have signs in my car and verbally tell people as well that way I know my butt is covered both ways.

As far as personal protection I would definitely recommend some pepper spray.

You did the right thing reaching out to police and crisis lines like you did which is good.

Hopefully this will never happen again, but as a thought in case it ever it looks like it does, I know you said that you pulled into a parking lot and it is a good thing that you did, however if circumstances permit… if it ever happens again …you may wish to pull off into an area like a restaurant with lots of people nearby.

I say that not only for your own personal protection but now if for any reason things escalate, now you have a series of people who either maybe witnesses or at least if it comes to the point where you don’t feel driving any further, you can then call the police and tell them where you are and it is better to be surrounded by a bunch of people as opposed to being on a back road or a place with not as many people. In this case, the more the merrier!

Another thing not only for you but for other drivers, if you are a Rideshare driver it helps to make friends with your local police departments. There are about four or five in the vicinity where I drive and here is what I do… I have a code safety word set up with them.

Here’s how it works, I have the police on speed dial but instead of it showing the word police or 911 on my phone if I dial, I just make up a telephone listing like the name of my best friend with an asterisk in the listing. That way it does not get the client angry for any reason they look at your phone.

When the police come on the line you can simply say something to the effect of hey it’s Mackenzie how are things tonight. Or some type of Catchphrase which you tell the police, they now see your caller ID and they know that for some reason you are in trouble.

They now take a look at your caller ID and get in touch with the phone company and can GPS triangulate your vehicle so that way if you need police to get to where you are and there’s no safe place to pull off, you will have a cruiser that will triangulate your position and find out where you are and pull your vehicle over.

The police will ask you to step out of the vehicle and then comply and then once you are away from the vehicle then the police will go in and get the offender out of the vehicle.

Some people might look at that and say that’s a lot, but how much is too much…better to be safe than sorry :slight_smile:

I would like to hope and think you won’t be deactivated or for any reason you get a low star rating on this, I would have get a copy of the police report and take a photo of it or it get a copy to Uber so you have something on your side as far as physical proof.

Keep on driving, don’t let one incident spook you, but keep on doing what you did as well as other preventive measures and you should be fine. :slight_smile:

Keep it on two wheels! :slight_smile:

All excellent advice, except one thing, the pepper spray. If you discharge pepper spray inside your car, even if you hit the bad guy dead in the eyes, you have pepper sprayed yourself. Not good.

I’m starting a Facebook group called Rideshare Safety where I will cover topics like this. I just made the group last night so there isn’t anything there yet, but I do suggest everyone join to see what’s coming.

I think we all remember the video that came out about a year ago with a driver who pepper-sprayed his client and fortunately he did not get the spray in his eyes, but I know what you mean. I guess I look at it to the point that as long as the attacker is blind I can get away or put myself in a safe place or lock the doors after I have got out of the car and he is in the car locked in.

Nothing good is going on in the world between 9 pm and 5 am. Nothing good. Glad you’re okay!

That is some straight bull shit! I hope lyft really doesn’t really get petty on that. Not your fault she probably won’t even remember to complain especially since she was so intoxicated. Good luck.