Next time with Lyft. I will just drive the opposite direction. Within a mile they will cancel

So I drive 12 miles to puck up pax with lyft and take 1.5 miles down the street. I did something similar twice last week called and and got my $10 $5 for each one. So I called today and lyft says they can’t help me WTF is wrong with lyft bunch of fkg crooks.

I have done it at least 50 times and never had an issue you just have to play stupid if you ever questioned

If you make a mistake with Lyft accepting a trip you shouldn’t, just don’t go and wait for them to cancel. If you are driving for Lyft and Uber, this shouldn’t be a problem.

The problem isn’t where they are going, it’s where the pick up location is in relation to the driver location. Getting a ping 30-minutes away is a bad gamble because they may be wanting a long trip, or a ride to the gas station down the road. What should happen is the driver decides whether or not to accept the request, and then not complain about it if it turns out to be a bust. I carefully examine the map in that 15-seconds before I accept. If I’m in Galveston, and the request comes from the far west end, hell yes I want that trip. If it’s coming from Texas City, I may want to pass.

Lyft is deactivating drivers for cancelling and not accepting long pickups. I was one of them and I had to fight to get reactivated. The customers don’t always cancel. I’ve had customers hang on for 45 minutes without cancelling.

Lyft should incorporate a disclaimer in the pax app that says something like this.

NO DRIVER NEAREST YOU CURRENTLY ARE YOU WILLING TO PAY 10 EXTRA FOR A DRIVER OUTSIDE OF YOUR IMMEDIATE AREA??

If they don’t want that then Lyft doesn’t need to be in business. IT SHOULDN’T COST A DRIVER MORE THAN THEIR MAKING TO PICK UP THE PAX

Or even this disclaimer will work.

YOUR DRIVER IS OVER 20 MINUTES AWAY. A FEE OF $10 WILL BE ADDED TO THIS TRIP CANCEL NOW TO AVOID THIS FEE
CANCEL / AGREE

Now don’t get me wrong we basically make our daily bread from the short trip but I rarely get a trip longer than 5 minutes on Uber and if I do, it’s because the GPS gives the longer route to the pax destination.

This will cut out those cigarette and beer runs and someone with some actual business will pay the fee to get where they need to be.

I like my lyft pax better than uber though, they almost all tip whereas uber’s don’t. Yes, there are a few exceptions like discussing here but not the norm.

But for Lyft to initiate any disclaimer to the pax app of drivers not being available to them near is basically shooting themselves in the foot because pax are shrewd. They’ll just open the Uber App and get a driver within 5 minutes of them

Your gps isn’t updating. The pax thinks you haven’t started their way. Turn off all other apps so your gps will update. This seems to be a bigger issue with Lyft than with Uber. Maybe because Uber App forces it’s self to the top of your app list.

Multiple long pickups for short trips. Long pickup to be cancelled when close all part of reason I stopped driving Lyft.

The only time it’s safe to use Lyft is during the day and only when you’re in the inner core of the city. Otherwise, Lyft will not offer us Partners any sort of protection against unreasonably distant passenger pickups. At least Uber will offer a long distance pick-up fee.