My all-star rating took a slight dip

I stay away from certain neighborhoods for this very reason. I’m always around 4.95 until I take too many hood rides and then my rating plummets like clockwork.

OMG! You SAID something right here! “Hood” rides?..LOL! Seriously though - I leaved a lesson today through you & others in this thread. Thank you

The two demographics I have the most problem with are white, college age guys and white middle aged suburban moms (usually just about the right age to be moms to the first group.) Yes, I occasionally have issues with snobby black women with an attitude, (especially for Essence Festival, coming up July 4th weekend) but the vast majority of black people are my nicest customers. The college kids in particular are almost always great.
I guess it helps that it’s pretty obvious that I’m an open minded liberal hippy but that’s why I work the night crowd, the business guys during the day would probably find me lacking in subservience.

Blacks want racism to stop but are the first ones to include the color of someone’s skin. Self hate at its finest. Go somewhere with this post and your wayward thinking !!!

When folks are being real & expressing themselves, WE always have to be the ones with the “wayward” thinking? One day people will see things for what “they REALLY are” instead of “assuming what they want.” I’m going by what I experienced…PERIOD. What I went through was NOT “my” fault, yet I PAID for it? I guess you’ll understand where I’m coming from if “the tables were turned…”

It doesn’t matter you are still apart of the problem. This situation can easily occur with any nationality . Why make it about color ? You are black therefore you should be-aware of the negative ways other race groups look at blacks . Why throw your own people under the bus ??

You sound crazy! First of all understand something; neither my “experience” OR my “opinion” would change of the color of skin…were different. Please DO NOT miss the fact that had the color of skin been different, my viewpoint would’ve been…the same either way…

So no this is NOT about “color” & no I am NOT the problem, especially when “several others” in this thread have concurred with the position. The problem is NOT me, so let’s not divert this. And since you want to go “there” yes there are “some Black” women WHO ARE always angry, have SMART ASS FLIP mouths, & ALWAYS have an attitude, just because “the sun” rose. Again this is not “every” Black woman, but there are some “who do” fall into this category…

You’re being purposely nieve about the matter & trying to ignore it as if it doesn’t & never has excited, doesn’t in any ways…solve it. And again if it were a Caucasian, Mexican, Puerto Rican, Russian, Philippino, Portuguese, Asian, Korean, or anyone else I didn’t mention, my opinion, WOULD…NOT…HAVE…CHANGED. The fact that you’re trying to pretend as though this doesn’t happen among “our” race, is BEYOND that which is absurd…smdh.

Huh? Are they not aware of the struggles people of color WHO WORK IN SERVICE, have? Are they not throwing US UNDER THE BUS by being rude straight out the gate? :joy::joy::joy: Stop it :joy::joy::joy:

I’M the one “missing” the point but I’M ALSO the one who “originally” posted this status to begin with. Yeah aiight!

And with “that” one? I am exit stage left…LMAO!

I love working the bar crowd. My passion to keep the drinkers from driving fuels me. I become one with the crazy at 54 years old and have a blast with all of the…white black, young old, male female, straight gay, or should I just say…riders customers!

Let me flip this. I believe young white professionals prefer black drivers and treat us better. I’ve had many white drivers complain about serving this demographic and the ratings they get. All while it’s smooth sailing for me. Strange.

That’s what I’m told could be why I got the two deactivations for “impaired” driving. It’s a game, for everybody apparently; it’s also the biziness modelle…

The way I see it…white, black, yellow, even Trump orange (Lol) you cant win in todays society when it comes to talks on race. People assume because of your skin color automatically what’s in your heart. I have experienced most races in my Uber/ Lyft…97% of my rides are just as happy and care free as the next person…but 3% do have an issue when getting in. What we have to remember is we are dealing with the PUBLIC. We cant please them all. Try as you may. I love the diversity of riders I drive for. Yes you can pick up some unsavory people…in my experience most have not been black, asian or any particular race…my most unsavory people have been the self entitled. I know not everyone feels this way…but NOBODY OWES ANYONE ANYTHING JUST BECAUSE MAYBE YOUR DADDY IS MAYOR, A LAWYER, DOCTOR, OR WHATEVER PERCIEVED POWER PROFESSION THEY MIGHT BE IN. I am NOT a limo service, your personal servant. I am college educated, a U.S. Vet, a foster parent, I am not stuck driving because I can not get a job elsewhere…I am a LICENSED INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENT who chooses to drive rideshare to meet new people to foster new relationships. I live by the motto “Meet on the level, part on the square” from my Masonic Teachings. I dont care what your race or social status is…treat me like you want yo be treated and I will return the same. I dont have time for this nonsense in my life…if I let it in then I would have to deny two of my nephews whom I love dearly just because of skin pigmentation. Thats so stupid.

People love to throw the racism card these days, literally just the other day I got called racist in front of my son. We both laughed. He’s very clearly not white lol.

Thank you very much for your service I am grateful for all you sacrificed to keep my family and I and the rest of the world safe. God bless you and your family stay safe.

People are fickle and mercurial. Fuck them. All you can do is you. No matter what you do, there will always be assholes who think the world revolves around them

I think it’s important for all of us to remember that we don’t know what is happening in the private lives of our passengers. As you and I, demeanor, attitude, finances, relationships all are affected by circumstances in life. Someone that doesn’t tip you today may have lost his job yesterday…we just don’t know.

That’s all good and fine in fact I had a young girl in my car when I say young I don’t mean under 18 she was clearly in her young twenties but I think she might be a prostitute and she was running from a bad situation she was in her bare feet and some guy kept calling and bugging her on her phone and I asked her if there was anything I can do and I took her to McDonald’s drive-thru and I bought her a large Frappuccino and a large orange juice and a bottle of water and complete big breakfast and even offered to give her my brand new sneakers that I had in my gym bag in the trunk and I talked to her with encouraging words and she said she has a restraining order against the guy and I asked her several times if she’s going to be okay okay so that’s one situation now flip it over to the other night when I drove 2 different parties home from the airport bragging the whole time about their very elaborate trips that they had just been on one was to Italy the other to Ireland drove them to absolutely beautiful homes didn’t let either one of them touch their luggage I I loaded and unloaded their luggage for them I have a brand new car squeaky clean nice relaxing low music mints and the doors which they expressed how much they appreciated that after getting off the airplanes and no tip whatsoever! So how about what some of us are going through which is the whole reason we’re driving in the first place and these wealthy people who exploit us so they ride cheaply. we’re saving them a lot of money not having to take a cab it would have costed them so much more money to take a cab and they’re exploiting Us by being so blessed not even giving us any kind of a tip that part is wrong those are the ones I have trouble with!

This is my opinion. Sometimes you have to be the “out” and “shrink” and well, get a conversation going that changes to mood and gets a smile on their face. If that rider is miserable getting out of your car, your rating will suffer no matter how safely you drive. The best one I use is, “hey, my wife and I are looking for a movie to see. Have you seen any good movies recently? We are tired of the boring tv shows”.