Mentors telling drivers if they drive other rideshare companies they get fired

Keep in mind also the TNC’s can deactivate you at any time for no reason stated.

Heresy is hard to pinpoint.
Get whomever was told that to call the mentor and ask them to repeat what they said about working for uber.
RECORD THE CONVERSATION.

To be fired you have to be an employee- drivers are independent contractors - they can work for whomever they please.

It isn’t likely I’ll ever see him again, but I don’t doubt him, particularly since, as I had previously mentioned, I was essentially told the same thing.

My Lyft mentor told me he drives for both companies.

I’m a mentor and all they tell us is not to promote any other company, he probably just took that too far but I do both.

You can email Lyft support and call out that mentor. Using the word “fired” is not supposed to be used for something we do on the side, we are not employees.

I was told clearly by Lyft that they don’t care if I also drive for Uber. They said Uber on the other hand might

During my Lyft mentor interview I said I also drive for Uber. It wasn’t a problem at all. I got approved. Mentor drove for Uber too.

you dont get fired you are an independant contractor. you work fot them. i work for 5 comapanies and will tell al of them anywhere.anytime.

If a company restricts any 1099 contractor from working for anyone else, the IRS, the State Labor Board and a dozen other government agencies could reclassify you as an employee.

A Lyft driver who could prove he was told he can’t drive for Uber could make more money suing Lyft for than he will ever make driving for Lyft. :blush: