Lyft app on new Samsung Galaxy S22

Bought the new Galaxy and re-installed the Lyft app. I started using the app, accepted/completed a ride (the app worked fine) but needed to go off line. To close any app on the Galaxy, one simply swipes the app upwards, to close it. I confirmed the Lyft app was closed, but even though it appears the app is closed, I continued to receive ride requests. I couldn’t get the app to shut down. So had to delete it. I re-installed, but same problem happened again. Lyft tech support is clueless. They told me to ensure latest system software is installed (it is) and of course, re-installed the Lyft app. Does anyone have any suggestions?

By the way, I don’t have that problem using the Uber app on this smartphone.

It sounds like there might be an issue with the Lyft app not properly closing or being removed from the background processes on your Galaxy device. One possible solution is to try force stopping the Lyft app rather than just swiping it up to close it.

To do this, go to your device’s Settings, then select “Apps & notifications.” Find the Lyft app in the list and tap on it. On the app info page, select “Force stop.” This should fully close the app and prevent it from running in the background.

If force stopping doesn’t work, you could try clearing the app’s cache and data. Go back to the Lyft app info page and select “Storage & cache.” Then, select “Clear cache” and “Clear data.” This will reset the app to its default settings and may help resolve any issues with it.

If neither of these solutions work, you could try uninstalling the app, restarting your device, and then reinstalling it. This may help clear out any residual data or settings that could be causing the issue.

If the problem persists, you could also try contacting Samsung support or the developer of the Lyft app for further assistance.