Leave that to Lyft for in-app tipping

See that’s nice!! And not begging at all! I’m having vinyl made to go on my mason jar that says “tips are never required but always appreciated”

Yes I saw uberman but $40 was steep for me so I used a hair bonnet for the headrest and Kinkos for the sign $5!

do you also have a tip jar? I have been debating getting one. I rarely receive tips, and while I’m very uncomfortable with the idea of asking for tips, I really need more to offset the expenses of this gig. I love your sign, and think I could feel comfortable with doing it, so I’m curious whether the sign alone has increased your tips, or if it’s in conjunction with a jar. Even $1 for 70% of my rides would pay for my gas most nights.

I think it takes away from the awkwardness of them having to put it in your hand because most people feel shame that they’re only giving you $1 but they seem to want to put it in the jar even though they have $1 I’m appreciative if it’s only a quarter.

Hmmmm that’s a good I would put it on my tip box but just my luck I’ll get a medical student asking questions I have no idea how to answer lmao…

Tipping is an option, whether it is in-app, or physical, appreciation goes along way and is very professional, especially when u arrive on time and safely. That is earned as a professional. But with Uber, we have no choice, because their are no tipping options.

Hell Yea I wanna see them receipts! Only a passenger will say such things. Either that or a brainless driver

I’m going to say I don’t think it’s that deep… as a driver she is very entitled to that opinion unless there is another reason for believing she’s not a driver… IJS

I don’t think our passengers view tip jars negatively. I mean if Starbucks/Moes didn’t have the tip jar I prob wouldn’t throw my change up to a $1 in there. I know that doesn’t seem like much but think of how many people do that. It all adds up. We are most def not paid near enough considering we use our gas driving up to 10 min sometimes to get customers for which we are not compensated so a little extra won’t hurt and they aren’t forced. Sometimes they don’t even think and a reminder is a good thing :slight_smile:

I do secretly wish every one of my customers gave me a tip…one guy gave me 20 dollars and a lady gave me 10…thats it so far, but maybe that will grow once i ride more often

$10 is the most I ever received and it was the last woman I dropped off (there was three of them coming from a party). I’ve gotten maybe 4 $5 tips. I wish I got a tip everytime too girl! lol $1 per customer could be $20-$35 a night!! lol