Just know that chances are we won’t be getting a tip

That’s just wrong. We rate first u know. They see a low rating then u definitely wont get tipped

for my first 10,000 rides I did care about ratings now it doesn’t matter, give me a 1* or 5* Uber won’t pay me more for 5 or less if I have a 1, I always ask and get 70% tipped and some rating me low because I ask. Don’t forget even $1 tip helps your driver.

If you rate based on tips you are a terrible driver and should not be in this business.

if you don’t rate them based on tips you’re the worst driver I know. When you give them a good rating based on tip that passanger will always have a driver willing to pick them up even if it’s a long distance pick up, when they don’t tip. It’s the same as a waiter not getting tip. You have to be in your car ready to go, take the request ASAP, operate your car for free until you arrive,wait until they are ready to go, this is all expenses on your side.

While it’s upsetting, there’s really nothing you can do about it. Passengers “change their minds” all the time. They shouldn’t, but they do…

For me it ultimately speaks to their character or in this case…the lack thereof. We can’t “make” people have character & integrity & be honest. Take it with a grain of salt & move on; the next passenger who may be deserving of our excellent customer service, will be forced to put up with the bare minimum because we’re so caught up in the fact our previous passenger, didn’t keep their word…

It’s not fair, but it does present a “learning” moment & provides an opportunity for us to become even better & more professional drivers…

SignsAndWonders2018
Victory2018
–AM

Luckily the pastor that said told me she was going to give me at it actually did she gave me a $10 tip

Depending on how they pay it might not show up immediately I’ve had some that didn’t show up for 24 hours and I even had one guy told me his business card the tip didn’t show up for like 2 days

IDGAS… if they tip or not… they say and they dont. So don’t hold your breath on this … on with the next pax.

Wow, not holding my breathe, and used to it. Didn’t think this would stir up so much anger.

I hate when they say they will tip but dont… at the same time I love the surprise tips that come the next day. (Got a $5.00 tip about 12 hours after the ride today) yeah she was drunk last night lol

I love getting surprise tips 3-4 days later from pax. This is the reason i dont rate them low for not tipping within 24 hrs. Half of my tips come from 2-4 days later

I feel bad because they lied and that’s gonna take em down a road they will not like.

If you’re expecting and working for tips, you’re going to be disappointed. My advice: lower your expectations. (BTW - free advice is worth what it costs you.)

Ya I don’t get why they say they will tip and don’t. Its like telling the pizza guy I will tip you later or the server at a restaurant … When I am a pax I always tip cash when the ride is under 1.5 surge. If it is 1.5 or above I usually don’t tip unless it is a short run or under $20.

I concentrate on giving a safe ride and good experience for them and never concern myself with the tip. It is surprising how many people tell me how much they enjoyed the ride and that they’ll be adding a nice tip, and then don’t.
I have no expectation around this anymore.
I think one of the most important things you can do for this gig is to decide the kind of driver you’ll be and be that without reacting to other people. As coaches say, play to your own standard. Don’t let others dictate the level of service you provide.

It sucks…I just say out loud after they get out of the car “liar”. It is a way for them to appear nice but then show you their true colors. People are stupid which is a good thing because they pay us to drive them.

By giving them 4s unless they give me a cash tip. I will go back and change the 4s to a 5 if I see they did tip in the app.

give everyone a 4 start I do the same to let other drivers know, on the comment I put, said thanks for the nice drive I’ll make sure to tip you in the app. And I change it to 5 start if they did.

Tipping can never be counted on. Unless you have a working class passenger that knows what it means to get a sweet tip. Wealthy management class passengers are assholes. But those who have been dependent on tips get it. They are the best.

You’ll build up a tolerance. Where your skin will be Teflon. Slides right off. I just ignore them.