Is pimping our ride a good idea?

I took the car to our state police office. They inspected my setup and it checks out. What’s illegal here would be lights projecting outside of the vehicle in a way that could confuse other drivers into the idea that I may be an emergency vehicle… As to the laptop… As long as I do not touch it while in motion I’m good to go.

that’s correct here as well. Except with one exception. Commercial Vehicles can use a laptop at anytime as long as it doesn’t create a problem, then you can get a distracted driving ticket ($100). Oh and as long as your online here your a commercial vehicle. Hence the commercial vehicle insurance provided through Uber/lyft. (I have it printed (both) and in my normal insurance card paperwork. I drive with a laptop mount most of the time in my 1 ton truck for music and work. I have considered moving it to the Yukon but the iPad mount is big enough!

People love my light show. I have learned to put down the window visors so the light doesn’t leave out an untinted window

I have laser lights. And a good audio system. I too get a lot of people that request me to be there the next time they need a ride. Sometimes it works out sometimes it doesn’t. I can dance and drive. The lights are only on in certain areas of Dallas or when stopped.

I wouldn’t rate this one star. I’d politely ask the driver to cancel the ride with no fee assessed against me and just request a different Uber.

Mf im tryin to get there alive…are you able to maintain 100% attentive towards the road with the disco going on in this bitch. :joy:

This is all great till your car ends up in the shop with a fried alternator or fucked electrical system. Uber rides won’t get you thousands to fix it. #facts seen it happen

The internal system is designed to run 180w, full time with 300w peak. The entire setup runs 78w, high end power filters are being used as added protection as well as noise reduction on the audio end… Basically, the internal entertainment system was designed with running an Xbox 360 the whole time… I use far less wattage. Thanks led technology… perhaps what you have seen happen, happened because the person who created the setup had no knowledge of electronics or voltage management.

We were in Vegas last week, called an uber (or lyft, I don’t remember) the guy shows up and the inside of his car looked like this. I didn’t mind the Christmas lights. But the literal laser light show and club music on volume 26 was a bit much at 4 in the morning. I asked him to turn off the strobe lights and turn down the music. He truely acted disappointed.