Insurance and liability are the first things that come to mind on this

If you’re not officially on a trip in the app, you’re not covered by insurance. That’s a huge issue.

plus if you are online Uber knows where you have been. They can tell you made the drive. Once you turn the app on they have you on their maps…but Insurance and being deaccavated are the biggest reasons.

Those doing it will ruin for all who are honest. I know company gets paid either way, I get the scam but those woh are constantly doing that what else are they willing to do to cheat an extra buck

Ya I would never do that. A canceled ride means not being covered… plus a “surprise shopper” or a bad incident happens… it will all be on you. Just my 2 cents.

I didn’t think of the surprise shopper angle. That’s a good reason not to do it for sure. Plus all the liability that’s been mentioned

It’s wrong and inappropriate of drivers to even ask this of riders! If he wishes to tip, he is more than welcome to add one. It’s not our business to question why someone wants a ride. If we accept it, we should drive them the distance on the app. and do so politely and with a professional demeanor.

I’ve had the math work out that way for me on more than one occasion. Never took it from a pax but it was the same person same distance etc and the cancel fee was higher than the actual ride

Wait till they have an accident, no insurance, big court action and no more lyft/Uber action to go with it

Or they could just tip you the extra money you’d get if they cancelled…I think it’s a bad idea. What if it’s busy and you get a ping while you’re driving the cancellation to their dest? You have to make your next pax wait until you drop off the cancellation? Nope.