Im curious, how many of you dont provide anything other than maybe a charger and still get 5 stars all the time?

Y’all be on here bragging about how much y’all make and can’t buy some water etc :weary::sob::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Some of us don’t need to do that. If they want water then we can stop for it. That’s courtesy, too. & yeah we don’t need to kiss ass for a 5 star or a tip, neither when we get it either way.

the main people that post their earnings and on here bragging can’t buy a bottle of water. I think Albertsons use to have a 24 pack for 1.99!!! It’s just kind of funny to me. I think this is a legitimate question for a new driver to ask. However everyone is different which is okay.

trust me I did that when I was new and it was not worth it. Now if you’re just a giving person, sure, why not? But I literally wasted a pack of good water for no reason.

I give free wifi; extra phone w unlimited pandora and YouTube to listen to anything commercial free; bottles of water; chargers for all types of phones and 2 or 3 of each; whatever temp they want the ac/heat at; and I chat with each person. Last year I got the “rider preferred award” for being the top rated 2% in the entire app. Had 4.99 and 4,000 rides last year. This year I stopped caring and dropped to 4.95 still offer everything but dont chat as much as I used to.

when I started doing it yes I noticed it, but sometimes I’ll take away a random item and notice a downgrade in tips so I keep the whole combo going; keep the tips even.

I’ve had people hand me $5 bill just because the water was cold in the summer

I was freezing my water. It would melt so fast that I would put some in my mom freezer for when I was over by her house. I stopped because it was so much work. Do you have a pic of the inside of your car? I messaged you but no response.

People don’t care about that. They just want to get to where they are going without crashing. And the driver has to have a sense of who likes to talk and who likes to be left alone.

I have chargers, water, and treats plus keep car smelling good and clean and still don’t get tipped often. People are gonna tip or they’ll be cheap.

that’s what I love about my own kids…they have learned to be generous and even being young surprise people by tipping well and appreciating the service industry.

The little touches make a huge difference. I bought a set of multi chargers (they have 1 iPhone, both androids) for about $10 on Amazon. Not only do people appreciate it but they love the chargers. They are a great convo starter and I feel like they have increased my tips well over the $10 I spent.

I have a Honda Odyssey minivan, fully depreciated. Black with black leather. When my job was eliminated due to the virus, I started driving Lyft right away. As I learned how it works, I went to YouTube for advice on how to provide the best rideshare experience on a budget. I came to the conclusion that offering free “experience” items that individually cost me less than .25 each was worth it, for both ratings and tips. So I keep a soft cooler with water bottles and capri suns. I have a small black leather container full of low cost candy I get from Ollie’s. But the best is the hand sanitizer. I get the liquid in bulk and get 2ml disposable perfume spray bottles on Amazon at a combined cost under my cost goal. My riders love that tiny gift. My rating is 5.0. My tips today were 50% of riders averaging $4. BTW the Capri Suns are genius not mine. And I have three chargers zip tied.

2 Likes

Am with you. I provide safe destination with chit chat. No chargers in my corolla but my ratings are good

1 Like

I just saw a post with 15 things to keep in your car as a driver, in this Facebook group - Facebook Groups

I don’t provide nada. People love my clean car, my personality, and I let them DJ. If they care to. Plus I drive a manual and that’s entertaining to people all on its own. It’s like riding with Ricky Bobby. They wanna go fast. Haha. I get great tips and I DON’T drive during the day. I’m not trying to pick up some Karen or Kyle. In all seriousness I rarely get a request for a charger. If I do they have their own cord. I don’t provide drinks and snacks because people are rude and don’t know how to pick up after themselves. I do provide gum for people with bad breath. I go mom mode on them and hold my hand out for the wrapper. You don’t need all the bells and whistles for good tips. Just be you. People appreciate realness.

Top notch is safe and effective driving to destination. In a 2010 corolla with over 10000 miles, i still enjoy 4 92 ratings.