If you're spending money on passenger perks like water, snacks and gum you're only helping Uber

Some people tip and some don’t. Nothing you do is going to make them change their mind. The fact is that most people take Uber because thwy don’t have to tip. Unfortunately Uber has created an ungreatful culture.

No water no candy no food. If they want something we can stop over anywhere and sometimes they are kind enough to get you something. We all are individual contractors so everyone can do what they want. It’s nothing about being cheap. Stop judging just because something works for you doesn’t have to work for everyone. Uber on and stfu :stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue:

Why does anyone care if someone else wants to provide amenities? I have water in my doors, mints and chargers. People love the chargers. I read on one of these pages a rationale of a rider with a dead phone cannot order another ride. Made sense. The others are just a gesture that as a passenger I appreciate. Maybe one in 10 actually take a mint or water. It is so minimal of a cost. I think I spent maybe five dollars in the last two months.

People are generally modest. I go all out and provide rockstars/coffees (10+ miles=free), water & juice ‘on the house’, gum, on bag of cold chocolates and another of hard/chewy candy, charger, aux/Bluetooth. I’m always nice/very knowledgeable and a majority of the time- I get tip$

I don’t knock anyone for providing a PAX with water or snacks…(I personally would never do it). What I don’t get is why you all are still driving with Uber after they lowered drivers rates and are now taking a cut of your surge pricing…that is nuts to me.

The number of $20 bills I get in the jar is astounding. It starts great conversations sometimes and I have had people profusely thanking me because they needed a hair tie or they had dry mouth and appreciated the candy. For me, I do it because it makes people smile and I spend about $5-$10 a week on candy and gum.