I was told that I should get semi synthetic oil for the year and mileage of my car

ATL was POPPIN last nite! I wanted to keep driving, but my car signaled to me tht I have only 5% oil life left. I only drove for 1 1/2 hours and got almost $60!

Where do you guys suggest I go for the least expensive oil and filter change? Mind you, I have to have semi-synthetic oil. Thank you for all POSITIVE SUGGESTIONS! :wink::wink::ok_hand::ok_hand::+1::+1::+1:

Not sure what part if the city you in, but if you go to Precision Tune Auto in Douglasville. You can get an Oil change, fluids topped off and tire rotation for $35.

.I usually get it done at the dealership when I lived in Miami…I had paid for 6 free oil and filter changes for about $200. Now tht im home in Atlanta, I dont know where to go or who to trust…

Ive been getting semi since my dad got the car almost 2 years ago. Why synthetic? Thts the most expensive ain’t it?

Yes it’s better for your engine… it breaks down slower… we are putting serious strain on these cars… I think oil changes are recommended at around 15% oil life as you said you’re at 5%. That oil is done if it’s not full synthetic.

Don’t count on your vehicle’s oil life meter. They aren’t accurate. Change your oil every 3000 miles and you’re good to go. Synthetic is best; synthetic blend is still good. By changing it every 3000 miles, you are ensuring that the oil hasn’t broken down - and you are removing the carbon buildup in the oil that comes from the burnt fuel.

I just started driving for Uber and I didn’t realize that I had put so many miles on the car already! (DUHHHH! :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:)
THANK YOU.

I thought new cars and better oils are getting at least 5,000 miles these days… not a mechanic so I’m not challenging you but that’s what dealerships are recommending then you have oils claiming ridiculous stuff like 15,000 miles lol

Occasionally you’ll need other things like a three-part induction service to clean your intake system and cylinder valves… and using Chevron Techron fuel system cleaner from time to time helps, too. I have a vehicle with 200k miles and the engine is as strong as new - and still runs as smooth as glass. It’s all in the maintenance. Find a mechanic who is very familiar with your vehicle and have them map out a maintenance schedule for you.

Btw - I’ve run nearly 5000 miles between changes on occasion. The need for the oil change is influenced by the amount of city driving you are doing. If you’re on the highway most of the time - you’ll burn less fuel and thus contaminate your oil at a slower rate.

Any oil change is better than no oil change, Greta. Pull your oil dipstick and check the level as well as the clarity. If it’s black as coal - go to wherever you can if you plan on driving today. If it’s just dirty but not opaque - it can wait until tomorrow.

As long as you aren’t below the low oil level (usually a quart low) you’re okay. You need to pay attention to the rate that you’re using oil. You don’t need to obsess about it - but checking it every now and then is a good idea.

I understand. Especially since ive been driving with Uber.

The main thing I need is the jack. Not the ones in the trunk. Im talking bout the heavy duty ones. Then I need my millimeter wrenches. Once I get those, I’ll be doing my own oil changes. Ill leave the big stuff to the professionals. :grinning::ok_hand:

Also - depending on where your oil drain is on your oil pan - You might not be able to get all the old oil out if the vehicle is not level.

Although my mechanic is not convenient for me - I don’t have to worry about his attention to detail and his quest for excellence. He even wears surgical gloves while working. He refuses to take the shortcuts that most other mechanic choose to take.

I haven’t named her, yet. She’s not yet in my possession. Still waiting on a couple of parts to arrive so that I can pick her up.

No need to get semi. Thats like getting mid grade gas instead of unleaded or premium

What car you got? It either takes regular or full synthetic

The dealership in Miami used semi and I only paid $55 for it. But actually, I bought a oil change special (6 free for $200). And actually, I still hv free ones left down there! :rage::rage::rage::rage:
But 5% wont mk it out of the city. :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Check dealership coupons. I usually get mine for $20 with coupon from the dealer. I call to see if I can use it at any dealer that I’m close to.