I was hit by a hit and run driver while in the middle of a passenger ride

Lol, just saw that YOU sell insurance! That explains it… lololol! Please don’t preach to me about how insurance companies “just want to help”. I have been on the receiving end of that “help” when it came to car accidents and workman’s comp and seen them try to use loopholes to screw you out of a payment. Been there, done that. Thank goodness I had a lawyer the last time someone hurt me on the job. They tried really hard to find reasons not to pay me. Like saying that I failed to report for work at a limited ability position, when my doctor hadn’t even cleared me to work at all… Yes, insurance companies are just chock full of people with integrity…

haha. People like you always seem to have the same types of problems. And you are right about one thing. There are a lot of shitty agents. I don’t associate with that

This is getting tedious… YOU WIN… I am a horrible horrible person whose going straight to hell… Feel better now? You have successfully won the battle of the keyboard warrior and “put some random stranger in their place”… Bravo!! Will you kindly just shut up now? I am sure Mother Theresa has nothing on you… Go get back on your saintly throne and let all of us morally defunct sinners get on with our dastardly ways… :crazy_face: This is going to be a fun one to tell my friends about later, lololol!

It’s worthing mentioning that Uber’s deductible is only $1,000, so although that’s still a hit, they would have covered $1,743 of the repair bill instead of Lyft’s $243. So much for Lyft supposedly being the more “friendly” ride share company for drivers!

Allstste first me was $800 more per year than Amica. That is a lot of scratch to cover a potential $2,500 deductable. I experienced a $2,700 hit while parked waiting for a passenger on Lyft too.

The other drivers insurance covered 90 percent and I hit them up for 2.5 days of earnings loss to make up for it.

neither Uber or Lyft are worth it when it comes to an accident. Buy your vehicle cheap, work your ass off in case it is a total loss, and live with the possibility of a $1k or $2,500 loss on any collision.

See why the $12.50/hour to start McDonalds job looks better all the time?

I have Geico commercial on my van. 100% coverage all the time. Never a need to even contact Uber except to report the accident. I had a small fender bender last year with a pax in the car. Geico handled the entire thing. All I paid was $100 deductible, and the body shop didn’t even charge me that because I used a Geico certified shop.

an insurance company cannot drop you right after a claim! They have to see it through. I’ve had Geico for 31 years, boat, home, motorcycle, RV, car, commercial and storage insurance. I doubt they would ever drop me…

I have Geico commercial, rideshare insurance. I’m guessing if I call them and tell them I work for Uber they would probably say, okay, and??

I know more than you about insurance, that is pretty obvious…Commercial Insurance is written specifically for vehicles used in a business, ie: delivering and in some cases rideshare…my Commercail Policy specifically notes rideshare…and it covers me during the time I am not driving rideshare and when I am driving with the Uber on but do not have a px or am not in transit to pick up a px…I have had 2 accidents in the past 2 years and have been covered accordingly.

Wow! 130 + comments here! State Farm offer the best ride share. As for GrubHub and Shipt, as far as I know, they don’t offer insurance if you get into an accident.

Of course, it isn’t fair. I have no idea why so many drivers rave about Lyft. Both Lyft and uber treat drivers like dirt. They do many unfair things because they can get away with it. I actually prefer uber because they have more action where I reside. Isn’t the uber deductible $1,000?