I was bummed can't drive in my home city I was visiting

if you are talking about insurance I highly suggest you talk to your insurance person. People are very misinformed about what/when Uber covers. You need ride share insurance. License is dependant on the city & state.

I was told at the Nashville Uber hub. And when I was in MN, IL, IN and I turned on Uber it would not go online and said this vehicle is not authorized to drive in those regions. So apparently I am not passing on bad info and the rules are not the same for all states or regions!

I live in sacramento and that’s my region. But I never drive there I drive in sf only

I live in California. I did receive requests and drive Uber and Lyft when visiting other cities 200 miles away from home within California. I know those out of region trips not counted towards weekly bonus.

I live in St Paul Minnesota & I can give rides to boarder cities in Wisconsin; but we cannot pick up there per Lyft. It’s not worth the insurance head ache if you get in a wreck.

Hmmmm really? I’m in Florida and can drive anywhere in the state. The same is true in most states (not all). You might want to check your information before posting something so stupid and incorrect.

During the CMA Fest in Nashville it was rumored that Uber brought in an additional 300 drivers not sure if is true or not.

My experience was the same as yours at the hub. However when I turned my app on in Atlanta, it seemed to function as normal even though I drive in Ohio. Hmmmm

I drive in Lexington and Cincinnati… but when I went I went back to my hometown in Texas to help parents with flooded house from Harvey it was nice to be able to still drive…

Is it different cities or states? I drive in different cities all the time. I live in Manteca but drive in the Bay Area, Sacramento or Santa Rosa all of which are in California. Now if I go to Nevada I was told I had to apply to drive there.