I tend to just mind my business

I sat at a day care walking up to multiple drivers pulling up picking up pax with kids telling them I’ll report them to uber if the pick up withno car seat, call me a snitch idgaf, I may of saved a kids life. We have to take a stand on this

I remember how hard it was for my mother to find rides for us to and from school when I was a kid.
I mean…No one uses seatbelts in cabs or buses. How the f is a mother of 2 little ones going to lug around two car seats? Most daycares and schools won’t let you leave them there. So she’s supposed to take them with her on the bus she catches afterwards?..just to get to work?..and after 3 drivers already cancelled on her??..making her day harder.
I hear ya…safety concerns n all.
Because I’m pretty sure you all pull over every time you get a hit…and always drive the speed limit too…yeah ok :ok_hand:t3:
Shit, you probably “cancel” on pax while driving, increasing the chances of causing an accident yourself…unless you’re one of these scumbags who just drives around the corner and waits 5 minutes to steal her money…you’re the worst!
You guys do what you want. I’m for the ppl …all day!
If I ever do accept one of these rides, it’s “No worries…I got you. I’m gonna get you there safe and sound.”…You see…money doesn’t drive me. A job well done…does. Tip or not.

You guys do what you want. Just know that I’ll be waiting around every corner…to swoop in and save the day!..Because I’m SUBERMANNNN!!! :joy::joy::joy:

Lighten up. Most of these rides are quick drop offs. Give the woman a break.

And to address the unaccompanied minor thing…
You’re an adult…
so what’s the problem?? Lol

#haveaheart
#youcornballs

the law and safety. And you feeling like superman isn’t going to cover ANY of that liability when something goes wrong. You’re on your own, and so proud of it. And every daycare I’ve ever been to allows carseats to stay there. Mom drops off, dad picks up. Carseat follows the child.

suberman thing was meant to be taken lightly…tough crowd lol
And like I said…do what YOU want to do. I just think you and others who like to condemn struggling parents and the drivers who help them out, should probably not drive in areas where “You do what you gotta do” is most times your only option. Either that, or mind your business…and keep your eyes on the road. It’s a jungle out there

You’re a moron. No matter how safe you drive that’s not going to stop someone else form t boneing or rear ending you.

Her sob story is not my problem. I have my own family to take care of and I’m not jepordizing ANYTHING for a garbabge parent who would endanger her own child.

If she wants to take that risk she can call her garbabge ass a taxi who is exempt. DO NOT CALL ME!!!

But exempt does not mean an invisible force feild is around that vehicle and that child is in danger regardless.

And yes i will be collecting my cancel fee becuase i wasted my time and gas to get to her law breaking ass when instead i could’ve been paired with a ride i could’ve made money on.

Her ignorant ass should have that motherly instinct to protect her child in the first place, but since she is too dumb to have that in her brain there are laws in place to try and protect her neglected child as well as TOS.

She took that bet that she’d find a criminal just as stupid as her to take her and her spawn but she lost now she pays that $5. Sucks to be a bad parent. I guess that $5 is the fine for being a loser parent.

The main issue here I think with everyone is the liability and the possibility of fines…not that we are trying to be a$$ holes. I get what you are saying, and feel bad for the parents with kids. Although I would love to help, I, and most on here are not willing to take on the financial and legal obligations that would go along with taking on a pax without a child seat. If you are willing to take on that liability and put your a$$ on the line, good for you and those passengers you are attempting to help. I honestly hope you never get pulled over, or get in to an accident with an un buckled child. If you do, I can most certainly guarantee that your thinking on this topic will change. You will almost certainly be fined and sued by the parents of the child. You will then find out that neither Uber, nor your insurance carrier will cover you…leaving you personally liable.

You would think Uber would do something about the second driver who picks them up and breaks the law!!!

Had that on Monday. Refused to give a family a because they were missing car seats, they complained that everyone else let’s them do it, and the mother said they’ll just call another car.

Regardless if it is a car seat issue, unaccompanied minor, whatever, rideshare companies are in a no lose situation: if a driver refuses they know another driver will be called in and they will eventually get the fare. If an accident were to occur, they will say the driver didn’t follow the terms and will wipe their hands of it.

That brings up an interesting question. I wonder how autonomous Uber’s are going to handle these situations. Forget the car seat debate for a second. What about just seatbelts?.. because let’s face it…I’d say probably less than half of these drivers screaming about car seats, actually make their adult riders wear seatbelts. Maybe you do…I’m just speaking in general.
I’ve spoken to enough drivers to know.

A large percentage of the time I ask people to buckle up. I also let them know there are phone chargers for their use which softens the blow a bit.

Lyft & Uber are currently providing roughly 8 million + rides a day. If one were to conservatively estimate rides involving improperly secured children represent one half of a percent (or 1 out of every 200) of those rides, it equates to 40,000+ rides a day or an astounding 14,600,000 rides a year. The point being it’s not a question of if, but when a child gets seriously injured or worse due to negligent parents / guardians & the drivers who acquiesce to their reckless demands. When it happens the media will jump all over the story, the lawsuits will fly and the ride share companies will finally be forced to take this problem seriously.

I agree, but many kids have already gotten injured in Uber accidents. In the end, Uber, like any other corporation, does not give a sh*t about the kids. It is a numbers game and it boils down to profit. If we take your numbers and assume the bare minimum profit of $5 per ride, that is roughly $73,000,000 a year. Since a good lawyer can technically argue that they are minimally liable on this issue due to the rules they put on independent non employee drivers, it is more cost effective for them to settle or pay legal fees defending the suit than throw away $73,000,000 a year. Since we are independent drivers, we are fully liable for this and not Uber…their insurance will not kick in, nor would ours unless we have rideshare coverage…and even then, it can get tricky. Legally, I think the fault would lie 50/50 with driver and the parents if the injured child. Both for negligence. Since we are not employees, but rather independent contractors, Uber has almost 0 liability.