I recently started delivering UberEats

ubernews
uber
uberdriver

(Mathew Boolean) #1

I’m debating turning it off permanently. I find that I often drive a long way to wait for an order to be ready and then drive a mile or 2 to make the delivery. These deliveries pay less than $6. Sometimes you are expected to deliver to an apartment in a highrise. This often creates new problems (parking, access codes, etc). McDonald’s orders are NEVER ready and the staff is less than polite when you complain to them. I’m quite sure that I received a 1 star from a McDonald’s delivery because I complained about a 15 minute wait. I have found if I have to wait more than 10 minutes for the order to be ready and complain to Uber about it, they will pay you an extra $5 (keep this in mind if you deliver and wait for an order more than 10 minutes). I have received this extra $5 twice. However, I just don’t think food delivery is worthwhile. It’s frustrating and very few tips. What’s everyone’s thoughts about UberEats?

(Trish Richardson) #2

I opted out fairly soon after it opened here in my area. Same exact situations as you described. PLUS one night was sent to incorrect address at 3 AM and even though the lights were on in the house I went to…everyone was asleep. I was greeted with a gun in my face! NO THANK YOU!

(Lance Rodriguez) #3

How do you opt out. I opted in by accident. I have deliveries unchecked so I don’t get any, but I’d rather opt out.

(Melinda Foster) #4

If you have to wait for more than 2 minutes. I am out of there. If they do not show up to get food or not where they say it is suppose to be. My food now.

(Bector Ernest) #5

I just opted out last week and they begged for me to stay. I said no way no how. Not enough money for me to drive that far to pick up and then only a few blocks to drop off and no tip or enough for gas

(Kelly Hector) #6

I’m signed up, but it isn’t popular in Galveston, Texas. It was my understanding the order was supposed to be ready when you arrived. If that’s the case, I’d never wait. I would cancel the second I knew I was waiting on it.

(Jack Dolen) #7

Its poor planning. Delivery is absolutely time consuming and the pay doesn’t compensate. Ive never had a tip on delivery either.

(Lisa Markee) #8

It might be less bothersome in smaller cities than large ones. Not as far to travel and few to no high roses.

(Christian Odom) #9

Food dudes does this and driver gets a flat $4 plus tip. But the default tip is 15%. And it is mostly high class (see expensive) local restaurants.

(Brahim Decker) #10

Never. Ever. Wait. For. Food. If it’s not ready, there’s an option for that on the app. I just cancel it, say it’s not ready and gtfo. Food vendors need to have the food ready for pickup.

(Cody Parker) #11

If you have a problem with parking tell them to come downstairs if the dont cansel after 10 minutes keep the food

(Marsha_Smith) #12

Really annoying they want you to park in some parking garage or either figure it out yourself and risk getting towed. before I signed up for Uber i used to work for this shitty ass company called favor and it was basically Uber eats but way shitty.

(Chris Stipe) #13

The only time this eats seems to make sense is if the amount of rides coming in is low. Because some income is better than none between rides

(Rakesh Sharma) #14

Uber should care about how long a restaurant makes you wait, delivery is all about speedy service. I have had customers bitch about what is taking so long when it’s only been 20 minutes (on a pizza). I’m like dude it takes at least 8-10 minutes to just cook the thing even if we are not busy.

(Abdul Karim) #15

Ubereats launched aug 20th here it is profitable on slow days and less traffic times mondays i do 14-20 deliveries and make about 75-100$

(Snyder Reed) #16

If it was a 10.00 set charge just to deliver on top of regular charges then maybe . but delivery for 6 bucks no way no how.

(Hassan) #17

I do it every night during boost I used to do it all day average$50 a day I’m unemployed and need money so I hustle for the money

(Laura Lee) #18

It depends, I went online last night and went out looking for business at 7:30. I did not get my first ride until 10:30. Even after that I did not really get busy until bar close, such as it was. Big $104 for 8 hours work. Only a $28 ride pulled the night from complete crap to merely meh. At times like this it would be nice to have an active Uber eats to keep busy. I would rather make some money than none. Could have filled some of that time just sitting.

(Abel) #19

I concur, the Uber Eats delivery is a complete waste of time, you travel to far for a $10.00 meal and the customer hardly appreciates it!

(Chris Stipe) #20

I try it in san francisco and i was so frustrating cause of parking no way im doing iy agai. I text them to get me off the uner eats