I only get 5 star trips and hardly any one tips

I provide only water(when it’s cold). And so far no complaints plus good tips.

There cheap that’s all…i made 20 ubereats trips nd one go 75cents tip…i told him to put that in his kids piggy bank.nd I quit…people just don’t give a f…

I’m surprised with uber pool you got tipped since it’s cheaper. Pax putting up with pax and all that I have been hearing on the forums.

Thought this PAX was awesome left comment and hit every badge. But Uber only gave me 1 badge Above & Beyond after processing trip. But earned every one according to PAX.

Let’s collaborate on spreading tip awareness folks! If you shared your earnings and compliments you gotta show me your ways!

Yes that’s exactly my point it says not necessary I feel like that’s the problem it needs to be reworded to suggested gratuity and then an example of a percent and then noting that tips are not included because a Friends of course and not Pax have mentioned that to me

Since I’m now more of an Uber rider than driver it’s become obvious that one major flaw is the fact that the app ends the ride asks rider to rate & tip the driver with no post of the cost of the trip. So we are asked to tip but don’t know what amount we will pay for the ride itself.

Not only did Uber tell everyone for the longest time “not to tip”, but there’s quite a few people who don’t believe in tipping. It’s very likely those are the kind of people we deal with on a regular basis. As for me, I don’t get much in tips via the app, but people who give cash tips tend to be very respectful and have pleasant conversations. That doesn’t mean everyone who’s nice is going to tip, however. Sometimes it’s very unexpected.

Sorry you’re having such a hard time , but you have to catch the bar crowd. They are generous mid-game and post-game … where is you platform set up for?

This is Ubers doing. They created a culture of no cash, the tip is included. You can’t change that mentality overnight.

People are stingy they spend a lot of money in bars and restaurants but wouldn’t tip the driver

When you drive may matter. I get tips between 4-6AM when it is mostly airport trips but not so much after that. Most of those trips are people going to work. I would not expect people to tip to and from work. I don’t drive at night anymore because I like to avoid drunks but they do tip a lot.

I think it depends on the area. I usually make enough in tips to cover my gas. Last night I tried a different area of my market and made $23 in tips on $46 in fares but it’s a wealthier area so I guess that’s why.

Tipping isn’t promoted by UBER. It is in the USA and some other countries. It just isn’t obvious for riders that they CAN tip so they don’t bother. I’m like you. constant 5 stars but have NEVER got a tip.

I saw in the driver app it says the 1st time you look at it tipping is a feature now being offered on app

Lyft has had tipping the whole time I believe and I don’t get anymore tips with Lyft. You have to keep in mind 90% of your fares are too cheap to pay for a taxi.

Uber brainwashed pax from beggining but I notice they are starting to come around now… soon it will become the norm. Fingers crossed :wink: