I now understand why SOME drivers have such issues with pax

Ok just got back from vacation where I took several Ubers each day. It’s because YOUR A TERRIBLE UBER DRIVER.

Side note: Most of my drivers were great or even just fine and I was happy to give them 5 stars and a tip. This is just about the few bad ones…

*First, two topics to avoid in most settings religion and politics, especially if you’re in an tourist area that brings in people from all over the country/world. So don’t have on religious or political talk radio with Pax in the car and be surprised you get low ratings.

*Move your seat up. I had one driver with his seat so far back I literally couldn’t gt my foot to fit sideways. He finally moved up just enough so I could squeeze in. it was a very uncomfortable ride for me.

• It was all about the driver. One car had all these little signs taped everywhere "don’t slam the door, don’t leave trash, etc… with one big sign that said tips appreciated. If your going to ask the pax to go above and beyond and follow all your rules, then it is fair for the pax to expect amenities, if she expects a tip. (Update) To be clear, I am only saying she needed to go above and beyond a clean car and safe ride because she is asking the pax to go above and beyond.

*Driving hard, fast starts and harsh stops, get real annoying really quickly.

Now before you ask I didn’t offer and constructive criticism to the drivers (trust me I wanted to) but my wife asked me not to since we were on vacation and that would stress her out.

ya I have a similar sign. If balanced I think that’s fine. Even if it just “let me know if you are hot or cold.” “Let me know if you prefer a certain radio station.”

to be clear I’m not saying the average driver needs to offer amenities I happly gave 5 stars and tips to many drivers without them. Just if your going to have tiny signs everywhere with all these rules, you need to balance that with a something for the pax if you want a tip. I mean there was NOT even one that said “let me know if your too hot or cold”

I couldn’t care less is a pax is hot or cold. My only job is to get them from point A to point B safely. If you want to be pampered and get water and other amenities order a Uber black, otherwise the pax can kiss my damn ass.

after all things passengers do I wouldn’t have enough room for all the signs. Some passengers are clueless.

Lol like you are a service provider for 3.00 trips
You are sharing your ride we should not be rated for anything
And stop feeding the pax’s lol

to be clear I’m not saying the average driver needs to offer amenities. I happly gave 5 stars and tips to many drivers without them. Just if your going to have tiny signs everywhere with all these rules, you need to balance that with a something for the pax if you want a tip. I mean there was NOT even one that said “let me know if your too hot or cold”

but he doesn’t have to balance anything , he’s not asking anything else that you shouldn’t do , your not suppose to slam doors neither leave trash behind and he’s not suppose to offer any amenities , his job it’s to take you safely from A to B. That’s what you pay for , your not obligated to tip but it’s common decency for you to take care of other stuff property while using it . I’m pretty sure the signs are there for a reason.

maybe a better choice of words would be if you have “please do NOT…” signs you should balance it out with “please do” signs like Please do…
… Tell me if you need the temperature adjusted.

… Have a perfered radio station.

… Have a preferred route.

None of these things would cost her anything to do, but would go a long way making people so comfortable, appreciated and more inclined to tip.

And again my entire point is if you are getting low ratings and/or barely any tips. It may NOT be that all pax are jerks. That you actually might be doing something that is putting people off.

You are paying for the cheapest service of ride shares , the drivers are being ripped off right and left from uber , lyft with less than minimum pay . And you expect them to be nice all the way ??
I dont know why dont you just order a cap , Uber XL or premium to get those amenitites .
You get what you pay for. Thats what it is .

maybe a better choice of words would be if you have “please do NOT…” signs you should balance it out with “please do” signs like Please do…
… Tell me if you need the temperature adjusted.

… Have a perfered radio station.

… Have a preferred route.

None of these things would cost her anything to do, but would go a long way making people so comfortable, appreciated and more inclined to tip.

And again my entire point is if you are getting low ratings and/or barely any tips. It may NOT be that all pax are jerks. That you actually might be doing something that is putting people off.

to be clear I’m not saying the average driver needs to offer amenities I happly gave 5 stars and tips to many drivers without them. Just if your going to have tiny signs everywhere with all these rules, you need to balance that with a something for the pax if you want a tip. I mean there was NOT even one that said “let me know if your too hot or cold”

Sex, Politics, Reglion and Sports… All should be avoid.

Learn your area and learn your app. Cant tell you how many times the driver is on the wrong side of the street to pick me up. Then there are those drivers who are glued to the app.

I will put water and tissue in my car for possible pukers lol and a cold nose in the winter. That’s it. I might throw some Valentine’s candy in today just for fun. I want a sign that also says don’t slam my doors. It runs the damn doors internal mechanisms. Don’t leave trash in my car I’m not you momma, although I do provide a trash can. My seat is set to where I can drive safely. I drive a Tahoe with captain seating. If you want more room order an XL and you will have it. I agree with the driving and road conversions. I am guessing you are not a driver.

been driving for a year. to be clear I’m not saying the average driver needs to offer amenities I happly gave 5 stars and tips to many drivers without them. Just if your going to have tiny signs everywhere with all these rules, you need to balance that with a something for the pax if you want a tip. I mean there was NOT even one that said “let me know if your too hot or cold” I gave her a 5 stars just no tip

Wait your a driver and you did NOT tip for the above mentioned reasons. Sorry, but I am going to let the group let you have it for that one lmao. Ready set go…this should be fun.

I provide various phone chargers, tissues for a cold night, water when I have it. I turn on my seat warmers when it’s cold out. My car is an impeccably clean fully loaded Tahoe. I am friendly as shit. I guess I figure that is over and above. Feeding you is your wife’s or mommas job.