I notice on a daily basis drivers complaining about how other drivers choose to treat their passengers

There are a lot of drivers here who, based upon the attitude of their posts, probably ought not to be drivers… “ratings” might be fine, but it only takes one completely stupid act to open up the craphole and fall straight down the hole into the festering pile of unprofessional behavior…

Very true. I just replied to someone else’s comment saying the same thing. If you don’t like dealing with people, I don’t know why you would ever do this job. I hear some crazy stories from my passengers on their past experiences. Hearing from the actual drivers in some of these groups and how they are deliberately rude to their passengers, the passengers stories don’t sound so far fetched. Smh

Other paid for some doings…i could care less if drivers give all.kinds of stuff is their money not mine…but riders expect everyone to give…in don’t even have extra cords if you have the cord I have plugs all over car for u to charge up… same goes for riders that make extra stops for riders and wait over 5 minutes for them.to.come.out…and give ride to.minors…or.people.with out baby car seats…only.because this is the only thing they do.to.make.their ends meet… I was told all of this by a driver that works over 10 hrs a day…do not refused any riders

now the car seat thing and even the waiting past 5 minutes and making extra stops off record. I agree with you on that. I would hate for a passenger to give me a bad rating because their last driver broke policy but I refuse to. I actually had a passenger complain to me because I wouldn’t make extra stops without her adding it in the app. She offered $5. In my head, I was like “lady, you have no idea how much money I make per hour do you? $5 is insulting.” Lol but I kindly declined. And I don’t like that some people let children without proper car seats. Your helping their parent put the child’s life in danger.

Where do these people come from??? Omg!!! Funny how other drivers read your remarks and they think they know you!! Huh!!

Drivers that give candy and water = the girl in high school that wore short skirts and let the whole football team hit it. Nobody likes you. They just use you

I’m not sure why you assume people who offer candy or water have self esteem low enough to try to “buy love.” The only type of person who would assume everyone is broken like that is a person that is broken themselves. I don’t do the water and candy thing myself. But a couple of weeks ago, I did buy water for my customers because my city is full of tourists that aren’t used to our summer heat. I had to pick up a person who passed out from the heat. Because of that, I provided water for the rest of the day to try to help. Restaurants in the city also passed out umbrellas to people who were out trying to enjoy our city. I most certainly was not trying to “buy” anyone’s love and I doubt that is the motive. I’m sorry for whatever people have done to you to make you think like that. But it isn’t nice to reflect your negative perceptions on others. That isn’t helping at all.

Hey I’m here in California, and our miniature lemon tree in our backyard is having a bumper crop right now from all of our rains last year, so along with my mini generic water bottles, I’m thinking about offering lemons to my riders, then all they would need is some sweetness to make lemonade😎

As a rider I’ve seen water bottle in cup holders and NEVER had them offered to me. I was left unsure if they were for me… or someone had left them. I thought it was kinda lame, tbh :smiley:

Maybe Uber should dump the whole X an pool platforms. An just go back to being Black.

Haven’t you ever flew on planes that one plane is maybe cleaner than the last ( same company ) just maybe a little cleaner! Haven’t you ever flew on a plane to where they stick to their guns and only give you what is expected of them, a small cup of soda or water, or cookies, then you get on a plane and they give you the whole bottle of water or the whole can of soda, and throw you a few extra packages of cookies! It doesn’t make you feel Ike “damn I would pay more for this flight“ it just makes you leave the airline with a pleasant feeling of this was a nice flight! Sometimes I take people away 2-3 hours, it’s nice to have them a water or a pack of cookies for them…same difference! Not trying to stab my fellow drives in the back, just trying to make the ride pleasant for them!

A driver doing something stupid reflects on every other driver. If you’re driving and a passenger offers to tip you and you tell them “no, please don’t tip, tipping isn’t in the spirit of what ridesharing is supposed to be,” then you’re not just hurting yourself, you’re hurting an entire industry of underpaid drivers. You don’t live in a bubble. Things that you do have ramifications for other people, not just in uber driving world but everywhere.

“But I try not to worry too much about what other people do, as long as it makes them happy and didn’t negatively effect me or the passengers. That’s my only point.”

It does negatively effect you/other drivers. In your OP you say one thing then you say another. You’re all over the place with your argument. I hope you drive better than you argue.

how does a driver giving out candy and water negatively impact me or you? And how do you compare giving water and tips to RECEIVING tips? Of course telling a customer not to tip could hurt other drivers. So you’re saying giving free candy would too? And I must drive and argue pretty well because #1- I’ve never had less than a 4.99 rating and #2- no one on here has yet to give me a valid reason as to why they get so upset with another driver giving out free candy and water.

Also, mind you, we are independent contractors. We aren’t even employees of the company. We are partners. Even more confirmation that every driver can do whatever the fuck they want to do as long as it doesn’t go against the TOS/break our contract. I dont see giving candy or water away anywhere in there sir. If you are so strongly against it sir, maybe you should contact your partner to inforce corrective action.

The reason you are looking for doesn’t seem to satisfy you.
Many have already stated that providing snacks candy water can have pax thinking that is how it is “suppose” to be. So when they get into a car who doesn’t have these things the pax expectations are not met and can possibly have a negative impact on drivers rating and or possible tip.

When a person’s livelihood is impacted people seem to not be happy about that.

As for being an independent contractor and what is in TOS most pax have Zero clue about any of that.

Yes behaviour of other drivers can , will and has had an impact on other drivers.