I’m so fucking tired of people complaining about the pay

If you don’t like it don’t drive or do like I do and only drive during big events… I haven’t driven since the super bowl. You complaining and making petitions isn’t going to change a thing… the only thing that will get uber/lyft to listen is if there are enough drivers that stop driving.

Yep if you are willing to drive for Base Rates.You have no right to complain. I haven’t driven in a long ass time.Not worth it

Any job I’ve ever had if I didn’t like it then I Quit and found a new one. And yes it always solved my problem. There is a surplus of companies out there looking for hard working individuals, and MOST people that do rideshare are hard workers. So there’s no problem going out and getting another job that makes you more money

Heres what most part time drivers dont understand:

1. The rates have dropped.
  2. It does not affect part timers like full timers.
  3. Its not complaining. Its raising awareness to make change. Otherwise, if we stay quiet, its ok.

Rideshare was not meant to be a full time job… it’s meant to be a side hustle. Now if you live in a market where that’s achievable than that’s great buys it’s not what it was designed for

Those of us who have been driving more that three years were approached by Uber and Lyft and we’re told this would replace our full time jobs. We were told we had unlimited potential with $1.25 a mile, $.25 a minute and minimum fare of $6.00. Then the rate cuts happened over and over again. We were lied to and taken advantage of.

I am a full time driver…it is very easy to say stop driving until they listen. Unfortunately the finance company, elec company, cable/internet company, phone company and insurance company don’t have a box to check that says “I have stopped working until they raise my pay…as soon as they do I will pay you”. If the full timers are silent then there is no voice. It is well known that Uber has raised their price to customer…again. Must be vocal about this kind of thing. Since Ubers rates are so high they should lead the way in upping driver mile/min amount…Lyft would follow as to not loose drivers.

I agree about being vocal but complaining on Facebook isn’t being vocal to the appropriate people…everyone knows the rates suck they always have. The rates aren’t the problem saturation is the problem. Also, there are plenty of jobs to be had you can pick any city and walk in and apply at 10 business and I promise you that you can find a job making more than what you’re making driving.

I dont complain on here about the rates. Some folks do because it is the only place they have to vent. I am on the Lyft drivers council…i have plenty of places to complaon. As for your other statement about jobs…you know nothing about me or my life…health…circumstances…the hand i have been dealt…so you can’t make a judgement and a guarentee about me walking into other places and getting a job. So respectfully I disagree with you…

Plus, the tradeoff for flexibility is rates.

I drove full time for about 2 months, made okay money, but decided it wasn’t worth it to me.

Now, I drive weekend nights, 7pm (maybe 8pm) to 3am (maybe 4am).

I hit my goal almost every night, and it works for me. If I don’t want to drive Friday night, I don’t. That is the beauty of a side gig, and the beauty of Uber.

Nobody will get rich from Uber, but it wasn’t designed for us to get rich. We trade the equity in our car for cash. We get the flexibility, but lower pay.

It’s really not a bad deal.

I too got that message. They raise their take but yet still can’t give us a raise and I’m full time too so stopping isn’t a option i can’t stand to work anymore so doing what good Lord provides forme to support myself

I appreciate the flexibility. I like people and I like to drive.
I LOVED teaching Music in the elementary and middle schools, and miss my students every day. I even miss teaching them to march (not easy for 11-14 year-olds). I would go back tomorrow if I had the daily stamina. I am lucky if I have 3 or 4 good days out of 7-- and I never know which ones those will be. I didn’t drive at all in January because I just was not up to it.
Rideshare let’s me work when I can.

I have quit driving except during holidays, or concerts. Not worth going out for hours to make $5/hour.

I think the numbers of drivers has dropped off due to several factors. The economy, deeper background checks, 12 hr. limit and low pay are some. I’m seeing more surges at odd times. I hope it keeps getting better.

I’m tired of the people complaining about people complaining about the pay and then admitting they only go out during the super bowl or other big events. Rideshare is a 24/7 thing and drivers need to have access to a decent money making opportunity all the time.

Opposing unfair pay is a right. Period. Fin. Why does it annoy anyone that people would like to be paid fairly?

I’ve always thought Uber and Lyft should increase rates to become profitable and to pay drivers a better rate. Stop investing in autonomous cars. The automobile industry can do that themselves, in all honesty. Another company is bound to come in and shake things up. I was hoping GLT would be that company. It could still happen.

Meanwhile back at the hustle spot, a leisurely day assisting enough people leads to ‘not enough,’ but more than survival needs. Where do people work now that don’t drive for Uber/Lyft anymore??

It worked in SF because they faught. Food deliveries is becoming my fav. Sometimes you grind so hard for So long that your feet swell up due to lack of walking. Yes, I remember when there were power zone in the low 200% guaranteed which linger around 10-30% now. $800 guarantee, etc. But you gotta decided what you’re gonna do. We all know both platforms couldn’t do shit without us but at the end of the day, the shit ain’t gonna change. Food delivers have no bullshit $2.62 payouts. No constant cleaning your car, no attitudes, stank odors, :raised_hand: car seats, :-1: minors just pick up an drop off food. Better tips because people love their food lol. If you like driving pax, I suggest you get a business / taxi licence etc, build your own regular clientele an pay you via card reader. Your own taxi service / TNC. Truly your own boss. I saw this car in LA today. He just dropped a couple off at a hotel. Market yourself before you’re replaced with the driversless card (already deployed in some cities.) But getting on here whinning about the bullshit an politics of being a driver under bullshit companies isn’t gonna change a thing. This shit is temporary. Remember that. Its a gig, not a career. Get ur clientele up. Check out UZURV, or do food deliveries an make more money than driving pax.

complain in a manner that will make a change. City Hall, Corporate office etc. The complaint are valid. Hell I’m a 5 star driver with outstanding reviews an just got deactivated by a lying pax. They realized she was lying but had no common sense to properly investigate. I was deactivated, reactivated, THEN sent an email about the pax bullshit complaint. I denied her a ride due to no carseat. It was retaliation which cost me money. So, see how I just explained all that. It won’t make a difference. Ranting to each other won’t change a thing. Not saying don’t complain, but complain to a governed body that can make a change. LA is big enough and busy enough that drivers could shut this bitch down if they wanted to. The majority of drivers work 5-6 days a week. If they coordinated that one day an didn’t drive it may make a statement. I’m not an expert. But I feel that drivers have more power than they think they do if they would just coordinate thru city hall or a strike. But the ants will fuck that up. Lyft an uber will surge this shit outta the city an boom, the ants will follow the crumbs.