I hate when I get in my own way

I’m such a dumbass. Apparently today I think I’m AAA. I get a ride which is a guaranteed $20 ride. His car wouldn’t start but what is my dumbass do? Offer to charges battery and then lose the ride. I got a tip but still only got half of what I would have gotten.

U will get it back somewhere else for the good gesture…

So, you gave someone a jump start and your regretting it? You did a good deed, that most probably wouldn’t do. Things happen for a reason, and you will make it back. You paid it forward.

Kinda confusing story, but i assume you helped someone and got a tip.
You did a good move, got a tip and didnt have to make a ride and be patient with a pax that could a bad one.

Invist on helping others… seems you get half the money, no petrol needed, and no pax complaining :wink:

So $10 for 2 minutes of work? That’s a fairly good return

Uber no Uber I stop give anyone a jump. I’ve needed one plenty of times and I never tipped. Just a thanks

yea… i tell them to to not be cheap asshole and call a tow truck.

Really the point was to give everyone a chuckle at my expense. I helped then realized he didnt still need the ride lol.

Yep. That was a stupid thing to do. You’re enabling PAX to try to use us for non-rideshare issues. You need to tell those cheap asses to call AAA.

I don’t think he was calling me for jumper cables he actually needed the ride it was me who offered them without thinking.

Sometimes it’s just better to be a human being helping another human being. You offered; the person didn’t call with the hopes that he’d get a jump rather than a ride. If you got half of it via the tip, you already got more than you would have gotten with a short ride. And you can get rides from other people for legit reasons. It wasn’t a total loss – besides the tip, you won some karma points. (Man, sometimes I gotta stop typing and read the comments before I post. It looks like everyone said essentially the same thing, only shorter and to the point…).

Folks I was just trying to share a story. I’m not attempting to complain no matter what some of y’all think. Just share what I thought was a humorous moment from my day.

He saved 50 as well. Lesson learned.

I helped someone out like that once but they were nice enough to tell me to complete the trip without them after their car started up.

You’ll get the good will back from another nice person when you need it.

I jump started a customer car on more than one occasion and they are very grateful and have tipped well for helping them out

Uber is a technology company that matches us up with riders. You find out that the “passenger” wants a jump start, you can cancel, because that’s not what Uber’s for. After you’ve cancelled, you’re free to negotiate a price for helping out a stranded motorist.