I did my job by driving them to there location right so why is my account negative?

Just take the money you got and run…don’t work another minute for them.

You are not the first to have this problem. We now live in a age of credit fraud. Uber has to get a better policy in place regarding this. We are not in the position to fight uber since we are only one of many unconnected people. We cant make uber change this policy ununited

Cameras are always proof keep the camera on for all trips so you can cover your rear.

Uber puts a hold on rides over a certain amount to check for fraud… U should be cool by payday…

This is why i stop driving for uber. Not as much but cancel my instant pay due to a rider.

She told you to turn off the app at the restaurant and take her off app to the hotel so that the cops wouldn’t find her after riding on a stolen credit card.

Don’t give up. Fight for your money. Uber had a loss, so they’re just trying to forward the loss to you.

Hope you get paid on this! We got nothing to do with payments.

Had a similar situation. The difference was this idiot told uber I argued with him. Dashcam told a different story