I called Uber and switched him to a 1 star from 5 stars

Who gives a shit really? If your overall rating falls to the danger zone you shouldn’t be driving. Otherwise I couldn’t give 2 shits about ratings

I don’t think a pax should be able to rate us less than 5 stars without putting in a reason.

i agree. i hate not knowing. is it something that was really a thing or were they just being a jerk. Its not fair to give someone a bad review when they did nothing really wrong. Your messing with their job.

Some people who take rideshare to the airport don’t use it any other time. I am one of those passengers. So to automatically assume he has rated…is just that…an assumption.

Dont worry about the rating. It balances out after a few hundred rides. You could have 1 star out of 20 rated trips in one day and still end with a 4.8.

I have noticed that riders to the airport are more frequently low raters. These are the cheapskate businessmen who order UberX, but expect limos.

It could also be that they rate low because they feel they got screwed by the up front pricing. Most of the overcharging happens to and from airports.

Based on your other self entitled comments on the other thread… total mystery why he would have given you a shit rating. Yep, absolutely no clue why. :roll_eyes:

Uber doesn’t let you know which pax rated you. Because they are able to rate you days later, my hunch is you have it pegged on the wrong pax. You shouldn’t have changed his rating.

Unfortunately, you have no voice. I got a bad review for Navigation. And the couple was arguing between themselves how I should take them home. I followed the GPS and let them have at it. Got one star and a bad comment.
Uber left it on my account.
Telling my side had no impact.

I got a bad review on navigation before, as well. The couple put in the wrong address, and then weregetting upset with me because I couldn’t read their mind as to where I should be going. I just let it slide because he was having medical trouble and was trying to get to the doctor, they were new to the area, and they were rather old.

Someone told me when I had picked him up a different day from the first time that he had accidentally given me less stars than they intended. He was asking me how to fix it, but I told him just don’t worry about it. I really didn’t know how to fix it anyway, because I’ve never used the passenger app. When I first started driving I had to constantly send notes to Uber asking them to fix the stars, because I would accidentally give people one star until I figured out you could just hit the last star. It could’ve just been an accident. I have given everyone that’s ever ridden with me five stars except for two rides.

Uber and Lyft give the customers a ridiculous amount of time to rate and or add a tip. Something like 2 weeks is what I was told on Lyft. Could be anyone to be honest.

My ratings have been falling since the tipping possibility hit the uber world. People being cheap as we all know it, are ratting us much lower so they won’t feel compelled to tip. If you are ratting a driver 5 stares a small tip sounds like the fair thing to do. Give him/her a 3, 2 or 1 stars and a tip is not expected any more.

I really do t think people give us low stars to keep from tipping. I’ve done over 3700 rides. But only have 2000 rated rides. I f they don’t want to tip. They just won’t rate!
Of course this is “my opinion”. :+1: