I believe it's a race thing

Ok…but if they are on route, there is no problem to reassign and I am still getting paid for route.
So if they decided they want to take the long way to a destination, I must stay on route according to app correct?

nope. i take the way the pax wants. regardless how convoluted it is. i make darn sure to note the heck out of it on ride notes and rating and then send a courtesy message to support. they are most likely going to fight the charges and ask for a ride review. gotta protect yourself.

when doing this on those rides they usually bad rate you as well. by c.y.a. it eliminates the bad rating and protects your money.

well that square peg does not fit in a triangle opening. some pax are all for gaming system such as those dropping pins outside surge and expecting a nice savings. rules dont apply to them. similar to drivers - they run their cars and riders how they want, against the rules and requirements all because they are under “independant contractors” and they have the audacity to accuse the companies of stealing and undermining the driver revenue. never ending story.

Don’t know how anyone can vouch for anyone but themselves as far as a passengers “preference”. But I’ve heard it directly from different passengers that they have and will cancel solely based on the driver they’re paired with.

What I find interesting about this post is how many people immediately say is not about race. How would you know? How are any you all especially if you’re not from the Chicago area and know which area I’m talking about even have a comment as to whether not it will be about Race. Chicago is one of the most segregated cities in the United States of America. And for any of you guys too so obviously deny that it has anything to do with race kind of tells me where it is a you all stand when it comes to issues of race.

Sad but true and it works both ways. Well I’ve got negative flags from clients outside my normal area I did nothing different than my 5 star trips

I have zero idea how the makeup of your community is made, I think when people post that it tells me they don’t think that way, which is good. It can be related to race, but it is also possible it isn’t. We all only have our own point of view to offer another person, maybe it is right, maybe it isn’t. I will however say this. A lot of people who yell racism are themselves racist. And this doesn’t include you seem like a cool cat

If a person yells thief, they are also thieves. What kind of reasoning is that? With that kind of reasoning, you can only recognize what person is by being one yourself? Well I’ll be a liar, and I am calling you a liar, therefore, there isn’t any truth to anything you say.

My girlfriend is white and there have been more occasions where shell call racism and I’ll find every reason other than that. I find calling racism is easy. In this case though, it’s the same area in Chicago, always non black passenger, and usually multiple cancellations from the same passenger. It could very well not be what is suspect, but it sure as hell seems fishy.

The first weekend I did Lyft it seemed like there was a lot of cancellations. I noticed when I ride the app itself changes drivers to who ever is closer. I don’t think it’s racism I think its lyft trying to give the rider the quickest service possible.

Thank you everyone for taking time to express your personal views and opinions.
But after seeing the route closely…
They ended the ride out of surge. And rerouted for a lower discounted rate…is my opinion. I signed up to drive them to their destination at whatever cost sound and safe. That is my goal.