How to reserve a scheduled ride with Uber app

One of the most common questions being asked on different social media platforms is 'How can I schedule a ride with Uber?"

There is really one answer, go to the Uber page https://www.uber.com/info/scheduled-rides/ and read it carefully.

If you don't want to read it and work it out, we explain here how to schedule a ride using Uber's app in simple steps:

1. Tap the clock icon next to the “Where To?” button on your app.

2. Pick the date and time you want; they come in 15-minute slots.

3. Choose "Set Pickup Window."

4. Input Location when tapping “Current Location,” make sure you change the location to where you want to be picked up from since the app will use your current GPS location as the pickup point.

5. Input your destination.

6. If the information you typed in is correct press the “Schedule” button. You can choose what type car(UberX, UberXL, UberBlack, UberSUV, etc) by sliding to the left

If you want to change the time of a scheduled reservation, you follow the following steps in your app:

1. Go to "Your Trips"
  2. Tap "Upcoming"
  3. Choose "Edit Time" enter the new time.

If you want to cancel a scheduled reservation, you follow the following steps in your app:

1. Go to "Your Trips"
  2. Tap "Upcoming"
  3. Choose "Cancel Ride"

Note: Uber does not match your request with a rider immediately, you have time to cancel or edit a reservation for free. Once the ride has been accepted by a driver, your changes will cost you a cancellation fee.

Some FAQ's

Q: Where are scheduled rides available?

Uber enables scheduled rides in every location it operates, but to be sure of your locations accessibility you should visit your Uber city page to be sure.

Q: How much does it cost?

Uber scheduled rides cost the same as any usual ride.

Q: What if I need to cancel my scheduled ride?

You can cancel the scheduled ride anytime, however, if you cancel it five minutes after it has been accepted by a driver, you will be charged a cancellation fee.

Q: Am I guaranteed to get a ride?

Scheduled rides are not guaranteed, just like ordering a standard ride, unless a driver accepts the request, it is not going to happen. We suggest that you make sure you back up your ride by checking online at least on hours before the ride should take place to see if you have been paired with a driver.