How many people find it insulting when you pick up a pax at a restaurant and they offer you their left overs

did the pax say that or did you assume they assumed by offering it? You did not say that in your post. You used the word assume.

Are you a mind reader?

Some people just look for a reason to be pissed off at the world! Politely turn it down, go about your way. Not the end of the world. Not seeing what the big deal is other than something to spew a pointless rant about.

What I don’t understand is why EVERYONE attacks the original poster when they post a comment about something that happened during a Lyft/Uber ride. This is the lyft/Uber breakroom right? Last time I checked ppl talk ish about their job or things that happened at the job in the break room. But it never fails… you all(if it doesn’t apply then I’m not talking to you) negatively bash the crap out of the poster, leaving them to feel attacked and having to defend themselves. And that’s not right!! If you don’t like what the OP posted then keep it pushing. No need to rag on each other. #justmy2cent #myopinionandimentitledtoit

FYI. I don’t offer pax or drivers anything. The only snacks I will offer will be from the paid candy box thing. There are more then enough homeless in my area that I know exactly where to take food that I don’t want to eat.

I take leftovers but dont eat it, I give it to the guys asking for change on the corner. I tell the pax that’s what I’m gonna do and guess what?! Everytime pax will tip me on the app lol!!

This hasn’t happened to me, but I’d like to think the intent was good. This obviously depend on the tone on how it was offered, but maybe they thought you were approachable and wanted to treat you like a friend.

This reminds me of this thread where certain things passengers say definitely do come across as “looking down on the drivers.”

I don’t know who complained, but if it smells good, I am still gonna put the food in the trunk and hope they forget about it. I am a terrible cook!

I would never think to offer leftover food to a taxi driver. For one thing most of us do not want the lingering odor of any kind of food in our vehicles. When that happens to me I immediately roll down all the windows for awhile and then use this very special spray that actually does make my car have that new car smell.

For another thing who offers complete strangers their leftovers who are not homeless people specifically asking for it? It simply isn’t done.

Never had it happen but that’s disrespectful and insulting.

What are they possibly thinking about you, to offer their leftover food with their spit on it and their mouth touched and they put their hands on.

They use their fork and it’s been all up in their mouth and then they’re going to offer you some food like you’re poverty-stricken and homeless

There’s nothing kind about that. it’s patronizing