How many drivers and parents are comfortable with having kids ride without car seats?

Just this week I had Lyft remove a bad review on me due to the ride being a two stop ride and the first stop was at a daycare center to pick up her kid and she didn’t have a car seat. She got very upset and gave me a nasty review whe I wouldn’t contiue the ride with her and kid. I gave her three stars so that I would never get her again and wrote why I was giving her three stars. Saw my rating fall right after her so contacted lyft abaout it and they removed her bad rating on me.

I had a couple of those rides and I just went and bought a cheap booster seat from Walmart and keep it in my trunk. Now if there’s more than one child their in trouble because I will not risk it for a couple of dollars sooooo not worth it

I thought to buy a seat too but then I thought they’d continue to ride without seats. I guess I’m hoping that they realize it’s wrong and get a seat. I’m realizing that my refusal to drive means nothing if others are willing to drive.

I refer them to the rider policy and let them know they need to cancel. I had declined a passenger once with her infant baby and she asked when they start that I replied back in the 80’s so um I’m gonna need you to cancel that ride.

Yes, it’s really disappointing that parents and drivers are willing to risk the lives of children over a few dollars or convenience. Summer is approaching and I hope that the Police notice these cars. A ticket is far better than having the life of a child on your conscience. Maybe it’ll be a wake up call to the drivers who don’t think about it, don’t care, or think they’re doing a nice thing for giving the ride.

Dude a used booster seat is like 10-15$ at a yard sale. Just fucking buy one and store it in your trunk and stop playing the victim card. With those rides you cancelled you would of bought one with that money. Be sMart and stop being retarded ppl buy a used car seat for the sake of it there super cheap used or in yard sales.

My first thought was to buy one too but it only solves my issue. I really wanted to know how many drivers are willing to take the risk and drive without seats. Glad to know some of you provide one. Up until yesterday, the parents who didn’t have a car seat were younger. The woman from yesterday was not a teenager. Probably late thirties- early forties. I’m going to continue to ask if they have a seat. I hope they do and as I wrote, earlier, 4 people went back in to get the seat. I’m a little bit surprised because I thought hospitals don’t discharge new borns without car seats. So I think that there are people that choose convenience over safety. I’ll be the hold out. I’ll choose to give up the money I’d make giving the ride and report it. If Lyft does what the say they do and follow up with the passenger, I’m happy. If the passenger requests another driver, I hope they get one of the drivers who has a seat available. Thank you to all who’ve participated in this conversation. Good luck to all of you and GO GET THAT MONEY!!! Have a good day.

I was assaulted by a pax a few weeks ago. I cancelled cuz they didn’t have a booster seat and they were upset that they were already charged. I told them they’ll be refunded if they send lyft an email but that wasn’t good enough. Somehow they thought fighting me would solve the problem

I recently had to cancel (tried to make them cancel but they were being dicks) on some incompetent parents trying to bring a 2 yr old w/o a car seat and telling me “it’s OK” I’m like no it’s not OK it’s illegal! They just didn’t get it.

I have a 2 yr old and there have been times i forget to take car seat out and just toss it in my trunk. This was not one of those times. I left it at home, but if i had it with me i would have started the trip, installed my car seat and all would be kosher.

I’m not they’re denied every time!..they always say I get rides all the time…well this is one ride you won’t get!!! his is from the uber website under reasons for deactivation " Compliance with the Law

We expect drivers using the Uber app to act in compliance with all relevant laws and the rules of the road at all times.