How do you guys engage your riders so they feel like you’ve kissed their buts enough?

I say hello when they approach my vehicle, ask their name, verify where they are going and proceed. If they want to talk I keep it simple, not personal stuff, politics or religion or controversial topics. Even with that people will rate you as they want. I don’t take it personal. It is just what it is when dealing with the public. You won’t please everyone and they all got different expectations.

Wow, I don’t think I have even three 1stars in three years of driving.

I usually keep my mouth shut unless I am certain they want me to acknowledge something they say, get them to talk about them; you get more information, and they feel better about themselves. If they start talking politics, it is a fine line; do not answer yes or no questions in politics rather general statements such as I see to get around answering and I understand work freaking wonders. As long as you are empathetic you will do well.

In Chicago you kinda have to be a conversationalist. It is what differentiates taxis from uber drivers!

It also matters what you are discussing. Say the wrong thing or opinionated and you’ll get a comment. Better to be a good listener instead.

I got this once. It’s infuriating. Have you ever been talking to a pax for a few minutes and then realize that they are listening to their headphones? That’s awesome.

Two minutes into the ride, I ask, so how are you doing today? Based on how they respond I continue, or not. On those rides I don’t wanna talk, I don’t. I’m the same with this gig as I was with my last 32 year gig b4 retiring and that job set me for life, “I Ain’t Doing Anything That I Don’t Want To Do”. And they asked me to stay. So, Pax. It’s my way or “Get Out”!!! #thisisjustsomethingtodo#makingubersharesmoney #UberPublic2019#drivingtobuyUberstock

I was a bartender/bar manager for 15+ years. Funny enough, I don’t do the drunk runs. Public conversation is an art. Either you can read people or not. Do watch what you say. We drive for all types of ppl. Do try to listen more than talk. If you have kids, repeat a funny story to every rider that day. If they are the talkive type. Play with the conversation and learn by reactions. Either you got it, or you don’t. Know your strengths. Run with em. :heart:

I need to say the ones that tip are different. Most don’t tip. Just remember that the needy the passenger the most likely they won’t tip anyway. In fact I would say 100% of needy (AH’s) do t tip

Say no to Aux cord (they don’t tip)

Say no to backseat drivers

Say no to swearing an disrespect.

I ended a ride tonight because some guy entered the wrong address and was not smart enough to know how to update it. Started F-bombing me. Ride over… get out x 4 get out or I call police x 2, close the door as I explain I’m dialing emergency number