Hard to find riders address at night

Bottom line. They called for a ride. I stop precisely where the app says to do so. They better be assertive and look for me or I’m out. Simple.

Why can’t our provider publish names of business in the pick up info…
waze puts me in the correct location.

Carry a flashlight, geez man, they ain’t expensive. Quit your bitching and move on.

Pull up to the pin, turn my emergency lights on and send a text that your uber has arrived. I most certainly wouldn’t shine a light on everyone’s house.

My only real complaint that comes to mind is when the pin is somewhere I can’t quite get to (like a mall, hotel, dorm, etc) and the 5 min timer won’t start ticking.

In those cases I screen-shot the app when I arrive & tell Siri to start a 5 minute timer for me.

#5&Drive Motherfuckers

I had a rider pin in a mall food court. There were at least 3 exits near by. I called the rider: “This is Uber. Are you in the food court?” … “Yeah” … “I can’t drive into the food court. Where do you want to meet?” … “I don’t know.” (I think some riders need Uber because they’ll never pass a drivers test).

Most of the time it’s not the rider’s fault. Often, riders are not at their own place. And, even if they do know where they are, the rider app often sends the next door address to the driver. And, at an office or residential “complex”, the app gives an address of the form: “13 to 666 Purgatory Rd.” I try to position myself with the given address just ahead of me, so I won’t have to twist my head like in the Exorcist to search for the rider.

Well it’s sure as shit not my fault. One of us has control over where they put their pin & it’s not me.

I get that the app doesn’t always place their pin perfectly for them, but I do think it’s their responsibility to check & make sure it’s in the right place.

If it’s not, they can take the 7 seconds to update it in the app. Or they can roll the dice & pay the $5 cancellation fee.

omg stop bitching around, just put yourself in their position. Yes, the app is not that accurate regarding the location but you’ll get used to find them quickly after a few months driving

The rider didn’t pay it. The guy said they will send me a bill in the mail. Do I report that to uber or Lyft. We had to take the turnpike where she was going. I was paying it

Contact Passenger

The driver should be contacting the passenger before and after arrival. This keeps the wait times low and gives the customer a chance to respond with extra information. I have written this following article for new drivers to use as a guideline for quick professional service. Some of these posts are very concerning to me and I hope some drivers and passengers can benefit from this information.

Uhm…there’s something we use for that, it’s called the GPS lol you need no light wth :joy:

Are you nuts . Our gps are not that accurate. Theres about a 4 house descrpinsy

So. Turn your hazard lights on. They should find you. If that doesn’t work, avoid night time driving. That will solve the problem until you have something else to complain about.

If you think that is funny, how about this: GPS is based on global latitude-longitude coordinates, accurate to a few feet. But, a US Postal address may be as narrow as a single family cottage or as wide as a multi-acre estate. When civilian street level navigation devices and apps were invented (Tom-Tom, Garmin, Waze, etc) someone had to assign lat-long coord.s to postal addressees. As a result, GPS street addresses can be off by about 100 yards.

Seriously!? Omg…guys, whenever that happens to you just put the address on the google maps app (not waze) but don’t click “go” just look at the -one plane- map before clicking “go” and walla!! You’ll see THE ACTUAL REAL LOCATION of your passenger jeez :roll_eyes:

As you approach a pickup, check the visible street numbers to confirm that you’re in the neighborhood, and you haven’t overshot. Also, if there is no visible number where the pickup should be, check the next door numbers. Ex. if the next door no.s are 7 and 11, then the hidden or missing no. must be 9.