Get proper car insurance

In my state, I switched to Farmers because they offered a Rideshare rider.

Basically, I get two things:

1. My full personal coverage is in effect through Period 1 (app on but no ride request accepted). After that, Uber or Lyft takes over as primary until pax exits the vehicle, putting me back in Period 1.

2. They won’t cancel my coverage because I’m “driving for hire”.

For me, those two things increased my basic policy price by about 30%, which works out to about $17 per month for my one Rideshare car.

I also dropped my comprehensive deductible all the way down to $100. With as many people as I have in and out of the car, the chance of something being dropped on it or a window getting broken or something else is pretty high, and I don’t want to be out of pocket $1000 to fix something like that. Costs my very little… Maybe $4 additional per month vs $1000 deductible.

Worth considering…

Well, it’s still not resolved, but after several long convos by phone today, I’m closer.Estimates are in hand; just must clarify between them based on coverage. One requires separate commercial insurance and a personal policy for my wife (who doesn’t drive ride share). The other combines the two. More later.

if you are in and I at fault accident on the way to pick up a pax or with a Pax Uber Insurance maypay but it takes an act of God to get them to pay. Plus they have a large deductible to fix your car. Rideshare coverage fills in any gaps and covers deductible differences. In the past two and a half years I have read too many people who have screwed themselves by not having rideshare gap coverage. Most could no longer drive because they had no way to get their cars repaired.

And there ladies and gentlemen is a clear explanation of reasons to carefully consider this. Picture, if you will, having no coverage, (as my insurer told me is the case as soon as I turn on the app). A serious injury accident involving a single passenger or multiple members of different families; or even worse, fatalities? It could ruin one’s future.

It is a daunting prospect. Geico is cheaper than others I’ve priced. Still lookin at Erie, which is much more affordable. I’m lucky since I’m not tryin to live off this, I just need it to pay expenses until I can fully retire. If this were my main gig, I’d be in trouble.

If you are in the least bit foggy about your current insurance coverage, find out ASAP. You could be the safest driver in the world, it only takes one second to be hurt, or godforbid, your pax hurt for you to find out your insurance is going to weasel out of the deal & you are suddenly getting sued. No job is worth ruining your life over!

I have USAA insurance and they have a really good ride share gap coverage that will protect you when you’re online but do not have a ride. Not everyone can get USAA, but there are other insurance companies that offer the gap coverage too. I made sure that my insurance would cover me. Also, if you own a home you can get an Umbrella policy to cover you in case you’re ever sued.

doesn’t matter your personal insurance does NOT allow you to use your vehicle for commercial use. If are getting paid to transport people for money it’s consider commercial vehicle. Yes if you’re involved in an accident Ubers insurance will pay ( $1,000 deductible ) as long ad your app is on. But if your company finds out then you are screwed.

In California, and every state is different I’m sure, as soon as you turn on the App you’re covered, when you’re driving to get a passenger your coverage increases, and when you have a passenger in the car it increases even more. Uber has a $1,000 deductible and Lyft has a $2,500 deductible.

Dude, where do you live, because I live in UK and use Taxi insurance of Total insurance company and it suits me a lot, because I’ve never had problems like yours. For example, my taxi insurance insures my health and the health of my passengers. By the way, once I had an accident, nothing serious, but I and my passengers got some scratches as well as my car, but my insurance company covered all the damages and paid compensations to me and my passengers. Moreover, I got a 60% discount for repair of my car.

And what was his main reason for not wanting to continue covering the insurance? because I can’t find a relationship that they cancel your insurance if you use your car as you want