Fellow drivers...please read as you may (hopefully not though) find yourself in this situation

You should not have to pay the deduct if you do not file a claim on them, if you go strictly through the at fault persons insurance Lyft can not charge that deduct. If they do then i would be contacting my states insurance board.

And THATS why I ignore insults by other drivers who go on and on about us letting uber get an accumulated 50 cent fee. I take it out nightly just iin case they disappear like those businesses in the hood🙄

Wait not that I would say this normally but do you have an old photo of this car before damage if so take that photo send it to them get back on the road . Also looks like it just needs a buffer to remove that scratch just buffer maybe touch it up with some paint get back to that money . Just a few suggestions.

Get a lawyer if you aren’t at fault. Document everything and I mean everything. The lawyer will put pressure on the other drivers insurance to expedite you case. And get you paid for loss of wages.

Get a lawyer quick and don’t sign anything before that

A good collision shop can buff that out and spray paint I bet. Go to small shops for estimates. Back in the day my hubs would have had you in and out for a nominal fee.

State laws vary. In Michigan it doesn’t matter who’s at fault, each driver fixes their own vehicle. In Ohio the person at fault pays for both vehicles. Just depends.

Get ride share insurance with your provider… lower rate. Only $10 more per month for me with state farm. Worth every penny